Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Brake Rotors 72 on
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Darren C
Hi fellow fourteeners,

I need your help with a small issue regarding front brake discs (rotors)
Could you kindly reply if you’ve purchased any front discs 1972 onwards

Part No.: 411.407.075.B

In the last 12 months.
I’d like to know where you got them, what the price was and how long they took to arrive. This is open to any fourteener worldwide.

This is a kind of survey that could prove to be very important (details to follow)
So if you could spare a few minutes to post your experience I’d be very grateful. The more people the better.

If you are a vendor could you simply tell me how many sets you've sold in the last 12 months and how many you have remaining in stock please.

Thanks in advance.
bandjoey
I think the response rate will be low since the rotors last a long time and readily available. Probably 10 sources easily. Unless we're a garage we buy only 2 and that pricing is online for anyone to see. IMHO. I don't think shops or sellers will want to giveup sales numbers. I wouldn't. However about a year ago I bought a front set from Zims. I think it's www.allzims.com. Paid their posted price.

Whatever you're up to, good luck. beerchug.gif

914_teener
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Feb 23 2016, 11:14 AM) *

I think the response rate will be low since the rotors last a long time and readily available. Probably 10 sources easily. Unless we're a garage we buy only 2 and that pricing is online for anyone to see. IMHO. I don't think shops or sellers will want to giveup sales numbers. I wouldn't. However about a year ago I bought a front set from Zims. I think it's www.allzims.com. Paid their posted price.

Whatever you're up to, good luck. beerchug.gif

Aren.t the 72 rotors non hub centric?
r_towle
It is a split year between early and late rotors, calipers, struts, and ball joints
Kansas 914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 23 2016, 12:49 PM) *

It is a split year between early and late rotors, calipers, struts, and ball joints

agree.gif

I have an early '72.
Darren C
The disc/rotors I'm asking about have the raised hub-ring around the bearing cap so that mounting a wheel is much easier.

The reason for this post is to confirm beyond all reasonable doubt that these disc rotors are still available for sale, not obsolete, and have been purchased by other owners in the last 12 months.

I can see 10 or more vendors on line that list them for sale and say in stock. I can see the prices.

My predicament is that I have to prove that they are available by using other peoples statements not my word for it.

I know it all sounds a little crazy but if anyone has read my post on the thread complaining about vendors (Vendor Rant) and in my Build off Challenge thread, they'll understand especially as I now find myself back in court after the other side appealed.

I can't go into too much detail, I just need anyone...the more the merrier...to honestly say that there are still new 914 brake rotors available for sale.
McMark
I can have 21 rotors here tomorrow, and that's just from one supplier.
McMark
From my other supplier I can get another 49 units.
Darren C
That's absolutely ideal information there!

Thank you so much..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.