Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Source for Fuel Line Grommet?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BeatNavy
Anyone know a source for that rubber grommet that goes in the front bulkhead and holds the two fuel lines in place? The later version P/N is 91435654300, I believe. I'm having to fabricate that section of the bulkhead for a restore, and I'd like to make sure I've got the flange cut properly. If I do not, I am going to have a bear of a time getting that grommet in eventually. Or are people coming up with their own solution, and if so, do you mind sharing?

Best pic I could find showing the two-hole grommet for fuel lines:

IPB Image

If there's no good source, then I respectfully invite the Whitesell industrial empire to consider filling this market gap smile.gif
McMark
I've never seen one of these die. They're always in good shape. Post a WTB in the classifieds. And while you're there contact one of the people who're cutting up cars for that section. Why fabricate it from scratch?
jim_hoyland
IIRC Rotary 914 sold them with the SS fuel lines ?
Steve
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 23 2016, 06:44 AM) *

IIRC Rotary 914 sold them with the SS fuel lines ?

I bought his kit. He only supply's the engine compartment rubber grommets. Not the big rubber piece under the tank where the lines come into the tunnel.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 23 2016, 09:18 AM) *

I've never seen one of these die. They're always in good shape. Post a WTB in the classifieds. And while you're there contact one of the people who're cutting up cars for that section. Why fabricate it from scratch?

Thanks, Mark. I'm only fabricating about a 6 inch section that was rotted away. I guess I could see if someone has that section, as that would relieve me from shaping the hole properly...but I still need to find that rubber. I probably tossed mine in the trash like an idiot...
cary
Rob,

Can you give me a shot of what you need ? I can probably cut it out of my parts car. I would assume the monster grommet is there too.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(cary @ Feb 23 2016, 10:14 AM) *

Rob,

Can you give me a shot of what you need ? I can probably cut it out of my parts car. I would assume the monster grommet is there too.

Awesome, thanks Cary! I will do that after work, if that's ok.
cary
I check and see if its usable ...............
BeatNavy
Hi Cary - Thanks for the very generous offer. Even if you just have a serviceable grommet, that itself would be tremendous help. Otherwise, here's the section of bulkhead I need where the fuel lines come through:

The general location at the front of the center tunnel:
Click to view attachment

The piece where it came out:
Click to view attachment

Here's the rough-in piece I fabbed that's roughly 6 x 4 inches:
Click to view attachment

Like I said, I think I can make the fabbed piece work, but still need that grommet, particularly if Mark has no plans to make them soon.
914Sixer
There are TWO versions. Early 70-74 and late 75-76 . Early has 2 different size holes. Late has 2 same size holes and a 3rd vacuum tube hole.
Dave_Darling
Both styles were used in the 74 model year; some 74s had the front-mounted charcoal canister, and some had the engine-bay-mounted canister.

--DD
cary
Sorry Rob, no luck on the grommet/rubber block. Big empty hole in the parts car.
Let me know if you want the sheet metal.
BeatNavy
No worries, sir, thanks for checking. I'll go ahead with the piece I've fabbed. I'll spend a bit more time on trying to get the hole shaped the same as the old piece and go the WTB route. Rock on....
LowBridge
I have a 75 and just pick up a used one from AA. it is in great shape and they are still showing has having this item in stock at $15.00...
BeatNavy
QUOTE(LowBridge @ Feb 24 2016, 06:31 AM) *

I have a 75 and just pick up a used one from AA. it is in great shape and they are still showing has having this item in stock at $15.00...

Yeah, I saw that they have them listed on their site. I may end up going that option, although the only time I personally ever felt burned by AA was when I purchased a used part from them, so I was kinda hoping to avoid that route.

Thanks....
McMark
I found one in a box. Let me go grab it and I'll PM you.
LowBridge
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Feb 24 2016, 09:36 AM) *

QUOTE(LowBridge @ Feb 24 2016, 06:31 AM) *

Yeah, I saw that they have them listed on their site. I may end up going that option, although the only time I personally ever felt burned by AA was when I purchased a used part from them, so I was kinda hoping to avoid that route.

Thanks....

not that I have had any issues with AA, but I did ask for a picture before I purchased it.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 24 2016, 11:14 AM) *

I found one in a box. Let me go grab it and I'll PM you.

McMark, you are the (Mc)Man. That would be awesome, thank you sir.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.