Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Correct steering wheel numbers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Creamsicle New Zealand
Hi All

I'm looking for a replacement steering wheel for an LE which has the leather wrap.
The steering wheel my car came with (I suspect) did not have the correct number wheel. I'm trying to find the correct numbers for the steering wheel can any one please point me in the right direction?
Steve
McMark
I have a steering wheel: 914 347 809 00
with date code 73 9

which should be correct for your LE. I can throw it in the box with all the other parts I have for you (I'll email the list I owe you).
Creamsicle New Zealand
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 23 2016, 12:19 PM) *

I have a steering wheel: 914 347 809 00
with date code 73 9

which should be correct for your LE. I can throw it in the box with all the other parts I have for you (I'll email the list I owe you).

Great thanks Mark
The front spoiler got slight damage in transit so I'm getting the original spoiler rebuilt her in Christchurch. I don't suppose there were any brackets with the original spoiler?
McMark
What you've got is all that was left of the original. sad.gif

Email sent! thumb3d.gif
914Sixer
74-76 Had Faux Leather wheel. LE spoiler brackets are NLA. I sold the last known brackets to Jeff Bowlsby several years ago. He might be able to provide a diagram of them. There are left and right brackets.
Creamsicle New Zealand
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Feb 23 2016, 03:31 PM) *

74-76 Had Faux Leather wheel. LE spoiler brackets are NLA. I sold the last known brackets to Jeff Bowlsby several years ago. He might be able to provide a diagram of them. There are left and right brackets.

Thank you Mark, I will contact Jeff.
poorsche914
The brackets would be pretty easy to fabricate for someone who does that kind of thing. Just a metal tab. I have mine somewhere in a box in the garage. If I can locate them, I will post an image. Jeff may have the specs.

driving.gif
914Sixer
Yes, they would be very easy to fabricate. This bracket with a twist to the left or right depending on the side.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.