Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyboody know this car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914forme
Just wondering if anybody on the west coast knows this faux 916.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

Joe Bob
Posted before...some comments...it's a fake. 914 conversion with a detachable roof. 916s had a welded steel top.
anthony
Does anyone know if they started with a four or a real six?
rhodyguy
$16.6k and reserve not met. pricey car.

k
914forme
Yeah I know its a fake - just wondering if the story is real. If it was Peter Greg's ex car it may be worth something.

Since I know where the orginal Perter Greg 916 is I know it is not that one. But if the story is true and what if????? Since Mr. Greg can no longer speak of this matter or any other just wondering. Its a lot of coin, wondering what it really is and what the story is.

Was not asking about orginallity in the fact if it was a real 916 It would be worth way more than that coin. I want to know if the story is true - or if it is a sucker born every minute type thing.

anthony
I personally wouldn't attach any extra value to it because of a Peter Gregg connection.
Joe Bob
Gregg is not an uncommon name...prolly has a registration with a "Gregg" name or something like the Seinfeld episode where George bought someone famous" POS.....

The auction conveniently does not list a VIN#.....

Looks to me like a pricey conversion. But then again...add up what it costs to do one....
TROJANMAN
is it like when george costanza bought Jon Voight's car?
maybe he left a half chewed pencil in the glove compartment, and we can check it against dental records.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.