Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Graphic Art Request: Darkside Turning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Series9

In the spirit of Darth Vader and my general irreverence, I request the donation of some graphic skills.

The name is: Darkside Turning. Parent company (if it matters): Series 9.

Do what you want, but be careful with Star Wars intellectual property issues. You know, just blur the lines a little.

The winning art will receive? A few free shirts and respect? Or what?

Come on, you're already trolling this board to avoid your wife, parents or significant other, so why not?

beerchug.gif
Ferg
bye1.gif
Series9
QUOTE(Ferg @ Feb 23 2016, 05:50 PM) *

bye1.gif

Wow. first.gif
Series9
Is it creepy that my friends archive pictures of me from my office late at night?

Yes, but I wouldn't have it any other way. smile.gif
Ferg
beerchug.gif That is the extent of my artistic abilities.
veekry9
/ icon8.gif
Alphaogre
Might not work for a logo but maybe a shirt? confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
Darren C
How about this for the logo ?

IPB Image

I'll work on a cartoon/image later currently in the office!
Series9
QUOTE(Alphaogre @ Feb 24 2016, 01:34 AM) *

Click to view attachment

That's really cool, but I wouldn't want Lucas' lawyers to send a letter.
kellygeorge
Maybe a signature image?

edit: now that I look at it large the "lightsword" (trademarks, amiright!?) is not completely straight. Let me know if you want me to adjust it and repost.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

one More

Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Series9 @ Feb 24 2016, 05:09 AM) *

QUOTE(Alphaogre @ Feb 24 2016, 01:34 AM) *

Click to view attachment

That's really cool, but I wouldn't want Lucas' lawyers to send a letter.

Or worse yet, Disney's lawyers. stromberg.gif
Darren C
IPB Image
Series9
QUOTE(Darren C @ Feb 24 2016, 02:45 PM) *

IPB Image

laugh.gif Is that supposed to be me? Crap. I don't need to age any more quickly than necessary.....

AND: NO LONG SLEEVES AT THE LATHE! Dammit...
Series9
QUOTE(kellygeorge @ Feb 24 2016, 11:49 AM) *

Maybe a signature image?

edit: now that I look at it large the "lightsword" (trademarks, amiright!?) is not completely straight. Let me know if you want me to adjust it and repost.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

one More

Click to view attachment

I like the last one. Where are you in NM? I lived in Rio Rancho for seven years.
nathansnathan
Click to view attachment
Series9
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Feb 24 2016, 06:42 PM) *

Very nice. That's a front runner.
r_towle
Turning shit into stuff
r_towle
jd74914
QUOTE(Series9 @ Feb 24 2016, 06:58 PM) *

That is awesome!!
kellygeorge
I like the last one. Where are you in NM? I lived in Rio Rancho for seven years.

I'm in Santa Fe. I don't get out to Rio Rancho much, be we looked into movie there before moving here.
Olympic 914
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Feb 24 2016, 09:30 PM) *

That is awesome!!

agree.gif

Go with this one..

I would buy this !!
jd74914
I'd buy one too if it was on any color shirt except white. smile.gif
Series9
QUOTE(Olympic 1.7 @ Feb 24 2016, 09:48 PM) *

QUOTE(jd74914 @ Feb 24 2016, 09:30 PM) *

That is awesome!!

agree.gif

Go with this one..

I would buy this !!

Okay! We have a winner!
Series9

Everyone who contributed art to this thread will receive a shirt.

Thanks for playing. beerchug.gif
nathansnathan
Cool, glad to help. Attached here is a zip with a vector pdf, as well as 2 sizes of png24, 150x150px and 600x600px. Also I included a 1 color version, just the black with transparent elents as a separate pdf. You can use the pdf to print and it will scale to whatever size, the png's are for online and will have a transparent background, unlike the jpg I posted before.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Series9
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Feb 25 2016, 09:17 AM) *

Cool, glad to help. Attached here is a zip with a vector pdf, as well as 2 sizes of png24, 150x150px and 600x600px. Also I included a 1 color version, just the black with transparent elents as a separate pdf. You can use the pdf to print and it will scale to whatever size, the png's are for online and will have a transparent background, unlike the jpg I posted before.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

That's awesome. Thank you so much.
stevegm
QUOTE(Series9 @ Feb 25 2016, 10:43 AM) *

QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Feb 25 2016, 09:17 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

That's awesome. Thank you so much.

Cool design. Nathan - if you want to design some other new t-shirts, PM me. I am always looking for graphic artists to do designs (paid), and a 914-guy would be cool to work with on that stuff. Sorry to hijack the thread.
Darren C
QUOTE(Series9 @ Feb 24 2016, 10:28 PM) *

laugh.gif Is that supposed to be me? Crap. I don't need to age any more quickly than necessary.....

Thats Harrison Ford playing you Joe..... ;-)

I think your great new logo needs a small tweek.....

IPB Image
Series9
QUOTE(Darren C @ Feb 25 2016, 10:57 AM) *

QUOTE(Series9 @ Feb 24 2016, 10:28 PM) *

Thats Harrison Ford playing you Joe..... ;-)

I think your great new logo needs a small tweek.....

IPB Image

That will be the special edition 9-finger shirt. happy11.gif
Darren C
Hey Joe,

I have been working in London this week and commuting 3 hours each day on the train, so I’ve had plenty of time to make mischief….
I did you another cartoon on the train today. I know you’ve chosen a good design already and to be fair I didn’t think you’d use my doodles.
It’s a shame to put this in the trash without anyone seeing it…
So here….just for fun…..is what I sketched this morning :-)

IPB Image
Andyrew
Darren, Thats awesome! Do you illustrate professionally?
Andyrew
Love the guy on the lathe!
billh1963
Outstanding artwork in this thread! You guys have some serious talent beer.gif
Millerwelds
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Feb 25 2016, 12:01 PM) *

I love the forklift lifting the forklift lifting a guy to get to the sign.

and of course the 914 front end on the cruiser. beerchug.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(Millerwelds @ Feb 25 2016, 04:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Feb 25 2016, 12:01 PM) *

I love the forklift lifting the forklift lifting a guy to get to the sign.

and of course the 914 front end on the cruiser. beerchug.gif

..and the full set of Fuchs carried on the back! biggrin.gif
Series9
Holy shit. That's awesome. I love the way you now made me look like Fry from Futurama. I have a Bender toy glued to the top of my computer monitor. (I promise I'm smarter than Fry)

Seriously, you should see some of the shit I've done with my forklift... lol-2.gif

Tell me what you want to send me that art. I would love to frame it and put it on the wall in the shop. beerchug.gif
Darren C
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Feb 25 2016, 08:00 PM) *

Darren, Thats awesome! Do you illustrate professionally?

No Andy,

I’m the Technical Manager for a bespoke engineering (Imagineering) company.
I was always good at anything to do with my hands. I would go as far as saying I was a bit of a child genius geek. I excelled past my young years. I was the kid who was always being beaten up, as kids my age just didn’t do or couldn’t do what I could and didn't understand me. By 12 I was exceeding 18 year olds and by 13 I was so hungry to learn that my high school tutors didn’t know where to go as I’d exhausted their abilities to teach me. Academically I struggled and practically I ended up getting bored with lack of progress.
This was the 1970’s so I was just told to tone it down and act normal for my age!
Drawing and sketching was something I could just do…don’t know why or how, I just did it. It’s almost like some form of autism. The sketches for Joe are just 2 minute doodles on a train.
I was told to pack in drawing and art as it wasn’t “a mans job” and was guided into the Armed forces to “toughen” me up.
The art went underground and I concentrated on engineering.
From time to time I used to enjoy a bit of automotive art. It appealed to my technical as well as artistic side but I hadn’t done any for years.
My OCD type autism means I get very anal about stuff being right, pushing myself to see how far I can go.
Here’s a little A5 size picture (only A5 cos that’s the bit of paper I had to hand in a panic) that I did a few months ago, I’d not painted in 20 years, after recovering from a minor stroke, I needed to prove to myself that I hadn’t lost the ability to do detailed art. I had a real panic attack after losing my sight during the stroke….

The images on your screen are larger than real life so you can really get an idea of scale from the pencil and sharpener!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I gave the picture away to a drummer friend of mine, he plays in a small band called Pink Floyd.

Joe,

Sorry to hijack your thread slightly.
The Darkside Turning doodles are kindergarden stuff. I could do you much better if you wanted.
Mueller
^F#$% , damn that is a cool picture!....love it!
Series9
An example of my forklift skills, parked on top of my lathe station...

biggrin.gif
Series9
QUOTE(Darren C @ Feb 25 2016, 05:57 PM) *

The Darkside Turning doodles are kindergarden stuff.

Well, this is kindergarten with a loaded gun!

I would love to have that art.
Chris Pincetich
w00t.gif smoke.gif beerchug.gif
Darren C
QUOTE(Series9 @ Feb 25 2016, 11:00 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Very good Joe....

I kinda had you figured out pretty well then!

You can have the doodles,no problem, your most welcome, I'll stick them in the mail for you.
Series9
QUOTE(Darren C @ Feb 25 2016, 06:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Series9 @ Feb 25 2016, 11:00 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Very good Joe....

I kinda had you figured out pretty well then!

You can have the doodles,no problem, your most welcome, I'll stick them in the mail for you.

Looks like you did have me figured correctly. That art will be framed and be prominently displayed.

Really great. Thank you.
r_towle
You have a buddy who is the drummer for pink Floyd?
Darren C
We've been meeting up 4 or 5 times a year now since around 2003 through our mutual car collections, love of cars, charity work, trustees of the national motor museum, Ten Tenths and committee members of motor clubs etc. etc
When I gave Nick the 250 painting we had a good laugh....in front of my other friends, Nick ask me to open up the frame and write a personal dedication to him on it! My friends always tell the story of the day the drummer of Pink Floyd asked ME for a dedicated autograph.. :-)

Series9
QUOTE(Darren C @ Feb 26 2016, 03:24 AM) *

We've been meeting up 4 or 5 times a year now since around 2003 through our mutual car collections, love of cars, charity work, trustees of the national motor museum, Ten Tenths and committee members of motor clubs etc. etc
When I gave Nick the 250 painting we had a good laugh....in front of my other friends, Nick ask me to open up the frame and write a personal dedication to him on it! My friends always tell the story of the day the drummer of Pink Floyd asked ME for a dedicated autograph.. :-)

Wow. first.gif
Mueller
I know a little late, not looking for a tee shirt or anything, maybe someone could do a better version of this:

yes, that is supposed to be a light saber!

Click to view attachment
r_towle
Darkside Turning, and Clocks.

Series9
Out of respect for both of you, and your long-standing.......blah, blah.

You get T-shirts, too. beerchug.gif
Series9
Which color?

"optimistic" or "dried blood"?

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.