Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a weather report for a July race and in Portland
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
I'm going to tow out to the Portland vintage races in July

Around the 9th of the month

Sorry for the dumb question but. Do I need rain tire in early July out there?
veekry9
Weather for sure is 97% certain to be warmer than last year.
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/portland-...monyr=7/01/2015
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/portland-...monyr=7/01/2016
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
I did a 210 mi bike ride from Seattle to Portland that Sat/Sun last year and the weather was an anomaly at 72 deg. It is usually close to 100 around mid July.

Awesome track and facilities (great racing surface).

I'd like to try and make the historics this year.
Andrew
ben*james
It will be hot - 90's likely. Rain is very rare in July.
Rav914
In direct contrast to the previous poster, having lived here most of my life, there are no guarantees during the beginning of July. It could rain, this isn't CA. The bigger question is, would rain ruin your day? Plan for the worst.
brant
When it rains in July is it dumping or just a damp track?

I would love to meet any of you guys that make it out to the event
SirAndy
QUOTE(brant @ Feb 23 2016, 05:02 PM) *
When it rains in July is it dumping or just a damp track?

I've been to the Rose Cup at PIR many times.

Usually thunderstorms, so more like a dump. Altough we had at least one solid day of drizzle one year. It's quite interesting in a car without wipers.

Also, be aware that the track will be damp first thing in the morning.
driving.gif
ben*james
QUOTE(Rav914 @ Feb 23 2016, 04:49 PM) *

In direct contrast to the previous poster, having lived here most of my life, there are no guarantees during the beginning of July. It could rain, this isn't CA. The bigger question is, would rain ruin your day? Plan for the worst.

Well, also lived here my entire life. Funny how two people can have such different recollections of things. I may have been a bit flippant with my input though. Fortunately, there are great resources available on the web to give you some data. If anyone wants to place a wager, I'll take some of the action on dry and sunny. ( no odds ) driving.gif aktion035.gif

https://weatherspark.com/averages/31237/7/P...n-United-States
steuspeed
Been here my whole life and it does not rain like it did 40 years ago. Summers have been warm and dry for the most part. Unless there is freak weather, I would bet the track is dry. Vintage races would be awesome. I would go out there if other teeners were going for sure.
raynekat
Agreed.....that you'll likely have great weather.
Last year it was HOT.
Years before can be cooler as in the 70's.
It will be a very rare year indeed if you have any appreciable rain in July.
TheCabinetmaker
A few years ago I spent the summer working in Lincoln city on the coast. We had the daily mist (and relentless wind) from the ocean, but inland it was dry and warm. I highly recommend you meet Brant at the event. He's a great guy and cooks up some awesome bratwurst. I try to meet up with him when he comes to Hallett for vintage. Vintage racing is a hoot. Lots of different cars.

IPB Image
rhodyguy
Rule of thumb for the PNW is don't plan anything outdoor related before July 4th. Fairly accurate weather assurance.
Chris Pincetich
On July 9th, 2016, it will be 87 deg F and sunny in Portland, OR laugh.gif
beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.