Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 with Vredestein 185-14?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
John_914
Does anyone have experience or photos of their 914-6 fitted with Vredestein 185-14 Sprint Classic tires on Fuchs? Thanks in advance for any info.
Gustl
here we go

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
johnhora
Perfect!
John_914
Thanks for the photo -- If Irish green, same color as mine!! I'll order a set. I see you can use a correct rear valance -- can't believe what I had to go thru to get one after missing a NOS one (sold for $250!) at Hersey 2015 by less than a second -- someone else had their hands on it first -- just missed it !:(

Thanks again
Gustl
well, mine is "83 - metallic green" smile.gif

the correct rear valance is already here, I'll install it when the season starts (we've still winter with snow and salt)
Gcthielen
QUOTE(John_914 @ Feb 24 2016, 06:41 AM) *

Does anyone have experience or photos of their 914-6 fitted with Vredestein 185-14 Sprint Classic tires on Fuchs? Thanks in advance for any info.

Id be interested in your source and your satisfaction with both them and the tires. I need to order a set as well for my 71 914-6.
Thanks!
George Thielen Dayton OH
Gustl
tires looking a little fat from this view ...

Click to view attachment
John_914
Agree, but 185/14 tire dimensions offered by this tire are identical to original -- 7.4 x 25.6. As I see it, if you're looking to run a correct classic 14 inch tire this is it, understanding there are "modern" tires that are close in size, may perform better, and are less expensive.
Gustl
agree.gif - the Vredestein Sprint Classic was the only one I found with the original dimension

it was damn expensive, but hey ... it's the original one biggrin.gif
maxwelj
Here's a pic for comparison with the original tires, Michelin 185/14.Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.