Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT- Editable Form?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
I've got a document that I have created that is now a PDF. I would like to be able to open the document in Word, Excel, Acrobat, etc...doesn't really matter which one that I can type in the fields. Can this be done? Is it easy? I mean, can I do it? laugh.gif

Here is the document: Rental Form
ArtechnikA
you can do a text select and copy it to another application. it's not real easy to make PDF's without the Adobe software. by virtue of being an editor i happen to have PageMaker 7,0 that can generate PDF's of various flavors, but i haven't played around with forms....
914GT
You need the full Acrobat to either edit (text tool) the PDF or export/save it as a .doc file. If the PDF was done with form fields (like IRS forms) you could type in the fields with Reader then print them but not save them.
seanery
I've got the full version of Acro 7 Pro...I made the document in Quark and saved it out as a pdf...can I create and assign fields in acrobat?
I only use it for my PCA region's newsletter, so I'm not fully versed in it's use.
914GT
You sure can. Look for the Form tool in Acrobat. This lets you create a field box and then you can select what type of content would be entered into the field after it's saved.
SLITS
Damn.....I need glasses......I thought he titled it "edible form"......boy was I disapointed!
MecGen
Hi
You need the full Acrobat to either edit (text tool) the document in Quark. Look for the Form tool in Acrobat,
I got the PDF done with form fields (like IRS forms). Word, Excel, Acrobat, etc...doesn't really matter as long as you type in the fields with Reader then print them but not save them. The PDF or export/save got the full version of Acro 7 Pro as a .doc file.

See how do you like it?
Good to see other intrests tho...
Computor geeks rock (I need a computor friend)
Cheers and happy "select what type of content would be entered into the field after it's saved" day

Joe

beerchug.gif

GTeener
I've never used Acrobat 7.0 but you can definitely make forms using the full install (not Reader) of Acrobat. I bet there is some guidance in 7.0's Help system wink.gif
Sparky
Another option is to select all and copy it into a Word doc. If you want to craete a pdf from a doc try using pdf995 : http://www.pdf995.com, there is a freeware version and a paid version.

My best,
Mike D.
seanery
Sweet!

I've got it done, I actually had to do a couple different versions, depending how many pages were used.
The link above pulls up the new file (1 page version).

The goal of this excercise was editable text without the wierdness word's tables can cause..this even keeps track of calculations similar to excel. biggrin.gif

Thanks for the advice. It's actually very intuitive to do this. If you don't have the V7 reader you may need
it to view the new file!!

Thanks Everyone!!!! beerchug.gif
campbellcj
Late to the party on this thread, but there's definitely some pretty cool stuff that can be done with Acrobat 7. I've recently done some work with fillable PDF's using their XFDF (XML) interface, where you can fill-in part/all of a form template from a database-driven app, and then the user can fill-in other parts manually if necessary, and print or email the completed form, even with an e-signature and remarks etc. Our app uses this to aid our clients in populating government forms which are very tedious and error-prone to do manually.

Acrobat versions prior to 7 did not apparently include the form designer so you could work with predesigned forms but not create new ones from scratch. Adobe does really nail you license-wise as users can't save completed forms with the free Reader and so to do any significant "work" other than reading other peoples' docs, you have to buy the Standard or Pro versions $$$. Still, it beats paper by a long shot for many applications.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.