Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Barke Set-Up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pjhaun
Here is a picture of my new brake set-up for the rear of my 914. I also have a similar set-up for the front. I bought this from Rich, a 914CLUB member, from Texas.
Aaron Cox
sexy! smilie_pokal.gif
Mueller
parking brake???

pjhaun
QUOTE (Mueller @ Mar 22 2005, 12:02 PM)
parking brake???

No parking barke. But I do have an electrical line lock that is activated by the orginal parking brake handle.
Ctrout
Um, so you replace the entire trailing arm? Looks expensive. Are you converting it to power brakes while you're at it? Let us know how well it stops when you get them on. I was impressed with the Boxster's stopping power.
seanery
Rich, sold me the parts for my rear boxster setup, too.
Eric_Shea
Sweet smilie_pokal.gif

110v confused24.gif biggrin.gif
ovilla
Just curious. Can you fit 15" fuchs (911 ones) on the back or did you have to go with 16"? Rich Johnson's a great guy to deal with.
Maltese Falcon
Rich Johnson parts ROCK ! Just lowered the beast down and took it out for a brake test...986 calipers all around w/ RJ monoblocks. They're not even broken in-but already stopping way better than the oe six stuff rolleyes.gif
E- Brakes --got 'em , Wilwoods on MSDS prototype platforms..no pix here...see 'em at the WCC '05. They hold great on a 17 % grade clap.gif
MF
9144guy
our shop 9144 racer we seperated the rear cailpers and had a (not sure the exact mesurment) say 5/8 inch block machined with the origonal o- rings in place, and new through bolts, so we could use 911 crossdirlled/vented rotors, the made longer pad pins. ..so we still have a stock caliper and park brake with a big rotor, 9144 dont need mutch more in the rear we got 930 front susp., and brakes and rotors in front,corners like a dream, we corner ballence all our race cars.
seanery
to fit my boxster rears and 951 fronts, 16" wheels are necessary.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.