Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One of you chumps want to buy this
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Bellis
I know it has been for sale before... What is this guy smoking?
https://www.pca.org/classified-ad/313162

Click to view attachment
kellygeorge
$250,001? No way. 250k I can understand. But 250,001?.

Im not a fan. I know its had a lot of work and what not, but the body styling is trying way too hard to be something it's not. It just doesn't look good.

bretth
That car was on ebay several times last year. I believe it was somewhere around 15,000 then but never sold. Weird trend i have been seeing on a few cars lately, a listed car does not sell at one price then gets relisted for a higher price after. confused24.gif
I think this one may be a misprint all together.

Brett
pete000
Poor car...Sad to see such a nice car with a clown suit on...
Chris914n6
I think the 1 was accidental.
If it was a bad orange resto it would be 120k -- wait 130k -- wait 140k now screwy.gif
JamesM
Its amazing, for as horrible as this whole thing is the side mirrors still stand out! You would think that stromberg.gif would blend in with stromberg.gif but somehow they still manage to be abrasive. That fast and furious spoiler is not far behind either.

Someone was doing a lot of coke in the mid 90s when they threw this pile together, and the asking price today is proof that they never stopped.

The wheels are nice. Not 250k nice, but they are probably worth something.
Cuda911
Thanks for the tip! I just bought it. Great investment, right?
wes
Hey it has "Ferrari paint"!
iwanta914-6
The price is a typo...

https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-car...e/914/100722349

Still way to high of a price for something so ugly!
Mueller
Even at $25K I think it is too much, of course if it really does have a true 914 /6 motor it might be worth it to the right person just for the motor, then they can throw a cheap SBC in the car and ask the $5K or so that the car is really worth.
Chris H.
QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 25 2016, 11:10 AM) *

- of course if it really does have a true 914 /6 motor it might be worth it to the right person just for the motor, -

^^^^^^ yep. If it's YOUR 914-6 motor then it's worth it. I think someone already got the number from it. Rick O maybe. No matches at that time. Those Camaro louvers fit pretty good don't they?
Mueller
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Feb 25 2016, 09:25 AM) *

QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 25 2016, 11:10 AM) *

- of course if it really does have a true 914 /6 motor it might be worth it to the right person just for the motor, -

^^^^^^ yep. If it's YOUR 914-6 motor then it's worth it. I think someone already got the number from it. Rick O maybe. No matches at that time. Those Camaro louvers fit pretty good don't they?

As fugly as that car is, it is borderline blackmail to be "forced" to buy the car to have a correct engine!

struckn
Pretty sure that's the one I saw at the Car Carrol at the Hershey Swap Meet a couple years ago. He wanted $25K for it. I will say it looked like it was a well built car, but I wouldn't trade my 914 for it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.