Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Torsion bar cap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rhodes71/914
Trying to adjust the ride height and I can't figure out what part is the cap that I need to remove in order to pry the adjuster pivot off.

I need to re-index the torsion bar.
Mueller
the entire part that has the threads is the "cap", it'll come straight out.....you might have to pry it since rust/corrosion has set in.....

ArtechnikA
does this help ?
Mueller
cap:

Rhodes71/914
Thanks guys, I thought that was the part but in reading some old threads I thought that "cap" and "lever" were two different things.

Just didn't want to start prying and break something, not that I've done that before huh.gif
Mueller
the "cap" some people mention is on the front of the a-arm assembly. Sometimes when one needs to remove the torsion bar, it's easier to force it towards the front of the vehicle...when you do this, the "cap" gets knocked out.

it's basicly a steel disc that can be put back in.....

Joseph Mills
Since we're talking about torsion bars...

Do they have a number stamped on the end indicating their mm size like the swaybars do?

If not, can you determine their size without removing them? Maybe partway? confused24.gif
rhodyguy
briefly discussing indexing the bar. as per haynes, they recommend moving the a-arm down in the arc as far as it will go before putting on the adjusting lever. too much? is there a general rule of thumb about gaping the stop face of the lever, right of the bat?

k
914werke
QUOTE (joseph222 @ Mar 22 2005, 03:09 PM)
Since we're talking about torsion bars...

Do they have a number stamped on the end indicating their mm size like the swaybars do?

If not, can you determine their size without removing them? Maybe partway? confused24.gif

they do but often that stamp may be on the inside. The other end will have a L or R stamp. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.