Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Letter from Otto at Porsche 1970
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike D.
Found this in with car paperwork. It doesn't match the vin on the car and this vin is not in data base...
It's the recall letter, and it's hand signed! Does anyone remember this dealership?
I thought it was interesting...
JeffBowlsby
Didn't know about that dealership...do now!

It looks like the dealer letter re: recall 9J

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/Recalls.htm
bretth
Neat document. Funny how the repairs kept piling up as the letter progresses. 'While we are in there we will also fix this, and this, and...' Otto Zipper sounds like the name for someone in a very different line of work.

Brett
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Feb 25 2016, 09:55 AM) *

Found this in with car paperwork. It doesn't match the vin on the car and this vin is not in data base...
It's the recall letter, and it's hand signed! Does anyone remember this dealership?
I thought it was interesting...

Zipper sold in the 70's and the new name is Beverly Hills Porsche. I worked in the parts department in 76 . Had a great time smile.gif
RickS
Great signature Otto
7TPorsh
Zipper was on the corner of Olympic and Westwood in West Los Angeles for a long tome then moved to Wilshire in Beverly Hills.

I remember BMW, Porsche Alfa, Jensen....
Amphicar770
It is not 914, or even Porsche, but here is my favorite letter that I have in my collection.

Click to view attachment
r_towle
Try again, sideways and too out of focus
VegasRacer
QUOTE(bretth @ Feb 25 2016, 10:16 AM) *

Otto Zipper sounds like the name for someone in a very different line of work.

Eric Von Zipper.
EdwardBlume
"that pilot's name was George Zipp...."
EdwardBlume
If you find this car, let me know still looking for a 3/70 build date....
Catorse
Otto Zipper sold Janis Joplin her 356C Cabrio....
SirAndy
QUOTE(RickS @ Feb 25 2016, 10:58 AM) *
Great signature Otto

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.