Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hagerty Silver Summit Rally
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
Very fun inexpensive 3 day rally. I did it last year with my brother in the Carrera. Doing it again this year. I see a 914 from OH is already signed up!

79 and earlier vehicles, some exceptions.

3 Days Colorado roads. Route not announced till day of.

$625 covers Hotel and Dinners.

http://www.classiccaradventures.com/2016/0...t-registration/

mgp4591
I know rnellums is planning on it and I was too but lots of other plans have popped up and justifying the trip now doesn't make it too convenient. Maybe next year in the 914...?
Ferg
Yes, Ross and I are both signed up. Neither driving a 914 though huh.gif
brant
bump...

I'm going to buy a lotto ticket
it would be such a fun event!
billh1963
That looks awesome. I need to plan that for next year. I'm already registered this year for several events and I plan to be at Okteenerfest again. I simply don't have enough vacation for all the cool events to attend! hissyfit.gif
SKL1
That's a really good deal considering what some of those similiar rallys cost! I've looked into the CopperState 1000 and it is a little longer, but a lot more coin.
Gotta do that someday but if I was coming from IA I wouldn't want to drive the car to Denver!! You'd die of boredom getting across NE!! (the drive from AZ would be a LOT more interesting!)
rnellums
I am really looking forward to this! I'll be driving the 67 Mercedes 230S I have been working on, but will have the 914 as a backup if I can't finish it in time!
billh1963
QUOTE(rnellums @ Feb 26 2016, 09:38 AM) *

I am really looking forward to this! I'll be driving the 67 Mercedes 230S I have been working on, but will have the 914 as a backup if I can't finish it in time!

Those are too cool!
larryM
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Feb 25 2016, 01:30 PM) *

if I was coming from IA I wouldn't want to drive the car to Denver!! You'd die of boredom getting across NE

........... not to mention heat stroke headbang.gif

compare that to what the hard-core MG guys do for their annual meet - they organize a coast-to-coast drive with cars of all ages from everywhere including Canada joining the cue - and then they drive back home when it's over MG 2016

my bro drove his '77 MGB from Bakersfield CA to FL, up to NY, to IA, then across NE, WY, NV etc back to BFL - top down the whole way - he was parboiled

me? - 2.5 hrs one way is about all i can handle in a 914 on a summer day - that gets me to Sonoma for the Wine Country Classic (SPIR for old timers), & to Reno for Hot August Nights - wife simply refuses to ride in it - follows me in her Accord if she chooses to go at all

JRust
Man I'd go but it seems like I have something planned that weekend idea.gif . Damned if I can remember what rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.