Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche reflector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
slotty008
I have a Porsche 911 reflector on my newly purchased 914. I'd like to keep it but there's a substantial gap between the reflector and the backside of the trunk. I'd like to close it. Did anyone of you had the same problem?Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
Take it off and shorten the spacers.
914forme
I would want to see what it looks like with the deck lid closed, I think the builder was going for a smooth look, and the reflector was spaced out so it aligned with the tail lights which stick out father if you just bolted it up.

If the gap bugs you then find some rubber sheet, and build a gasket to fill in around the spacers.

Steve
Mine came with holes big enough in the car for the plastic spacers. So mine sits flush. There are special rubber pieces that go over the screw and plastic spacers on the inside of the trunk. On top of that is just a washer and nut. I can take a picture of it tonight
slotty008
Maybe I'll do do a little bit of both, since it's sticking out a bit behind the lid,and there's also a gap between the reflector and the left taillight.It was definitely not a good job by the PO and there must have been a different one before this one,because there are a lot of holes in the back of the trunk that are filled up.It will probably end up by taking it off and welding the holes (together with 6 holes in the rear lid from a rear spoiler).I'm used to filling holes. In fact I do it all day long.
BTW, if anyone is interested in a rear spoiler..
Anyway, thx for the advice. Can't wait to get to it.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Chris914n6
The one car I bought with the 911 reflector the holes were big enough for the spacer to slide through.
The aftermarket reflector also has spacers so it would fit flush with the tail lights.
g60pops
I may be interested in the rear spoiler depending on price, condition and shipping across the channel to England. Pm me details.
mepstein
Just like the spoiler, the reflector was a period ad-on ( I had one) but now a common delete item. Nix it and fill in the holes.

I feel a bumper backdate in your future smile.gif
Larmo63
agree.gif
slotty008
In the beginning I really wanted a bumper backdate, I read all about it, but now the more I look at the BUBs , the more I like them. Maybe I will leave them on and reduce the weight. Anyway , I have to deal with a lot of other problems first.
Steve
My car also came with the reflector and GT spoiler. I don't mind the look and I'm too lazy to fill in the holes. Not my highest priority right now. They also backdated my car to fiberglass GT bumpers. I will be replacing them chrome bumpers next week. Who knows where the BUBs went.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.