Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fixed my odometer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
While the speedometer worked fine, the odometer wasn't working at all. Pelican has a technical write up on how repair them. I jumped right in and tore it open. Taking the barrel of numbers apart wasn't all that hard, but getting them lined up again took me a fair number of attempts. I figured it was best to just line up all the zeros, but the first roller slipped. Guess I'm starting the car over with 2 miles on it. Its not far from the truth

Click to view attachment
timothy_nd28
Looks like you did a good job getting things realigned which can be a super PITA sometimes. I typically remove the face dial and run masking tape across all the wheels. This makes life easier keeping the wheels together as you pull out the supporting shaft. In addition to what the Pelican write up says, I also put a dab of locktite inside the free wheeling gear.

Mark Henry
Posting the link is OK here for something like this.
This is the "how to" right?

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/1...eter_Repair.htm

I wonder if this is basicly the same repair for an old VW speedo and for my Fiat tractor hour meter. idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.