Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hockey Puck Hardware
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
e_artiles
I just bought the Hockey Puck Horn Base from Mark and on his site it says that it uses 3/32" hardware. I can't seem to find the right hardware at my local box store. Has anyone installed this and if so, what size hardware did you use?
Mikey914
Sorry, my initial response I was thinking about the steering linkage puck. You can get them at any ACE hardware. Shoot me the length (of the OEM) again and I can pick some up to add to these.
porschetub
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 26 2016, 05:41 PM) *

Sorry, my initial response I was thinking about the steering linkage puck. You can get them at any ACE hardware. Shoot me the length (of the OEM) again and I can pick some up to add to these.

I carefully ran the metric screws in and they cut new threads in the brass inserts no problem,go slowly all will be good,I think to stock screws are like 4mm from memory.
e_artiles
QUOTE(porschetub @ Feb 26 2016, 12:40 AM) *

I carefully ran the metric screws in and they cut new threads in the brass inserts no problem,go slowly all will be good,I think to stock screws are like 4mm from memory.

I'm a bit confused. Is there an insert that goes into the horn button base first?
porschetub
QUOTE(e_artiles @ Feb 27 2016, 03:31 AM) *

QUOTE(porschetub @ Feb 26 2016, 12:40 AM) *

No I was mentioning the fastenings that are moulded into the plastic of the button ,there is 3 of them.
You mount all the hardware off a stock horn button on to them,or buy a kit/parts from various vendors,can't remember if 914rubber has a kit but SMC do.
Mueller
QUOTE(e_artiles @ Feb 25 2016, 08:34 PM) *

I just bought the Hockey Puck Horn Base from Mark and on his site it says that it uses 3/32" hardware. I can't seem to find the right hardware at my local box store. Has anyone installed this and if so, what size hardware did you use?

Someone needs to learn how hardware is spec'd smile.gif
(914rubber, not you)

Looking at my charts, that number makes no sense.

Is it supposed be 6-32 or 8-32?

3/32" = .09375 diameter, the closest I see is a #3 screw which is available in 3-48 or 3-56

SirAndy
QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 26 2016, 11:08 AM) *
3/32" = .09375 diameter, the closest I see is a #3 screw which is available in 3-48 or 3-56

wacko.gif

I am soooo glad i grew up with the metric system ...
cheer.gif
e_artiles
So which size screw is used for the horn button replica that 914Rubber sells?
wndsnd
QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 26 2016, 02:08 PM) *

QUOTE(e_artiles @ Feb 25 2016, 08:34 PM) *

Someone needs to learn how hardware is spec'd smile.gif
(914rubber, not you)

Looking at my charts, that number makes no sense.

Is it supposed be 6-32 or 8-32?

Seems natural 356 would be the Porsche choice. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.