Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bad planning strikes again.... :)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Glad I don't get paid to do this kind of stuff for a living, hahaha smile.gif

For my front brakes, I need to have a 14" diameter space for the calipers...no problem with my 17" Revolution rims....however, I only have 4 rims...I plan on ordering an extra one, but I'm guessing I won't get it for a few months.....luckly I have not done the large brake setup in the rear, so I guess if I do get a flat in the front, I can put a good tire from the rear and install a 15" spare tire in the back...man, what a PITA it could turn out to be just try to be special wacko.gif headbang.gif

I also just came to the conclusion that if I want to get another set of rims/tires just for auto-x'n, they will have to be 17" rims as well and as of now, only one company makes those...not that I have a problem with that one company (Revolution), it's just that the cost really starts to add up......
fiid
Awww. That bites man. Sorry.

Still - you must have huge f-n rotors if you need that much clearance.
Mueller
$hit happens smile.gif

it's not the end of the world......

all this does in more or less "force" me into keeping the rear setup more or less all P-car related...not that that is a bad thing smile.gif

SirAndy
QUOTE (fiid @ Mar 22 2005, 04:07 PM)
Still - you must have huge f-n rotors if you need that much clearance.

did you do something to the little old 1.8L of mine that i don't know about? idea.gif

you sure must have a reason to add those big brakes. right?
biggrin.gif Andy
lapuwali
Sheesh. Throw a can of fix a flat in the trunk and be done with it. I can't remember the last time I had a car with a usable spare tire. They're all flat or the tire's so age-cracked it would be better to drive on the flat tire...

Actually, I *can* remember the last time I had a car with a usable spare. My '99 Miata, which my wife managed to chew up TWO tires on at the same time by running over something in the dark. Fat lot of good the spare did her...

biggrin.gif

Seriously, there are several cars now delivered OEM with no spare. They're usually cars with two different rim sizes front and back. Some of them have run-flats, the rest have a can of fix a flat in the trunk...

Joe Bob
Get one of them thar 9eleben collapsibioble spares.....of cours it will double the value of the car once in the trunk.... wink.gif
Joseph Mills
Spare? You don't need no stinkin' SPARE! w00t.gif

Besides, you can't afford one... you gotta buy AX wheels. biggrin.gif

This just reminds me of MY poor financial condition.

Basics? What basics? I can just barely afford my luxuries... biggrin.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (mikez @ Mar 22 2005, 05:52 PM)
Get one of them thar 9eleben collapsibioble spares.....of cours it will double the value of the car once in the trunk.... wink.gif

wrong bolt pattern...I'm 4x130...you know me, gotta be different

good advice on the can of "fix a flat"....much lighter also smile.gif
Series9
Spare? huh.gif
joea9146
You can always get some RFT's (Run Flat Tires) laugh.gif laugh.gif
Joe Bob
So get a 911 wheel and one of those adapters you guys all swear by..... idea.gif
fiid
QUOTE (mikez @ Mar 22 2005, 05:54 PM)
So get a 911 wheel and one of those adapters you guys all swear by..... idea.gif

You have a point. We are talking about a spare... But are the collapsables more than 15" around anyway?? I suppose you could bolt it on the wrong way around.... :-)
McMark
Run Flat Tires are a very rough ride. My girlfriend has them on her Mini and those suckers are loud over any bump or hiccup in the road.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.