Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Triad muffler/exhaust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
L4ng3
Hi,

As topic descripes, im searching for a Triad West Muffler for my Porsche 914-4 (1.7-2.0)?

Can anybody help?

Regards,

Christian Pedersen
Denmark
rfinegan
My 75-76 triad chrome tip/O2 bung may be coming available soon.... (shameless plug)

Best

-Robert
rfinegan
there is a great deal on a EVO IV on the pelican site

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...le-muffler.html
burningman
QUOTE(rfinegan @ Feb 26 2016, 08:23 AM) *

My 75-76 triad chrome tip/O2 bung may be coming available soon.... (shameless plug)

Best

-Robert

Robert, I'd be interested in this, I was just about ready to drive down to triad and buy new but if you'll be unloading this soon email me Burningman at hotmail.com
Kalani
QUOTE(L4ng3 @ Feb 26 2016, 05:00 AM) *

Hi,

As topic descripes, im searching for a Triad West Muffler for my Porsche 914-4 (1.7-2.0)?

Can anybody help?

Regards,

Christian Pedersen
Denmark

I have one, brand new never installed. I will sell it for the price I paid. I need to look , but I think I paid 375.00

PM me if you are interested
rhodyguy
"Porsche 914-4 (1.7-2.0)?" doesn't clearly reflect what you need. Whether 1.7/1.8/2.0 engine size is not relevant in this case. What is important is what type of heat exchangers are currently on your car. 1.7/1.8 heat exchangers, 2.0, or the ones for all makes for the 75/76 model years. Buy wisely.
L4ng3
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 26 2016, 06:11 PM) *

"Porsche 914-4 (1.7-2.0)?" doesn't clearly reflect what you need. Whether 1.7/1.8/2.0 engine size is not relevant in this case. What is important is what type of heat exchangers are currently on your car. 1.7/1.8 heat exchangers, 2.0, or the ones for all makes for the 75/76 model years. Buy wisely.

Well my heat exhangers is like the attached picture. I think its for 1.7/1.8 with 2 outlets
rhodyguy
The distance between the flanges differs for 1.7/1.8 as opposed to the 2.0 versions. The 2.0 heat exchangers are relatively 'flat' and the 1.7/1.8 have a pronounced 'kick up' the outlet end. Measure the distance between inner flange bolt holes on your current muffler or muffler hanger bracket.
L4ng3
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 29 2016, 09:41 PM) *

The distance between the flanges differs for 1.7/1.8 as opposed to the 2.0 versions. The 2.0 heat exchangers are relatively 'flat' and the 1.7/1.8 have a pronounced 'kick up' the outlet end. Measure the distance between inner flange bolt holes on your current muffler or muffler hanger bracket.

Thanks for the reply, things got complicated!

All I need is a muffler exactly like the attached picture, which I assume is for a 1.7/1.8 engine.

The story is, I have rebuild a 914 1.8 engine to 2056cc specs and fitted it in a Porsche 356b.
Soo nothing is standard. Now the exhaust setup is a stainless header+muffler from vintage speed.

Because of the "low-hanging" muffler i need something difference - like the Triad West muffler...
I am aware of, the muffler need a bit of cut and weld but thats not a problemClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
poorsche914
Why not have Dave at Triad build one for you to your exact specs?
L4ng3
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 2 2016, 02:23 AM) *

I have tried calling and emailing the guy with no luck!
rhodyguy
A month ago or so Dave Ellison (owner) posted he was closing down the exhaust business. I can see where the OP living in Denmark could have posed some communication issues. Dave is not much of a computer guy.
burningman
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 2 2016, 07:12 AM) *

A month ago or so Dave Ellison (owner) posted he was closing down the exhaust business. I can see where the OP living in Denmark could have posed some communication issues. Dave is not much of a computer guy.

I just saw Dave today, my understanding is the exhaust business is not shut down he took a break for a couple of months. He is in fact getting out of the parts business.
L4ng3
Still searching!
ChrisFoley
Click to view attachment
I could arrange the tips to fit in your rear valance cutouts.
idea.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Mar 3 2016, 11:39 AM) *

Click to view attachment
idea.gif

this is a great idea for your car!!!
6freak
QUOTE(L4ng3 @ Mar 1 2016, 09:32 PM) *

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 2 2016, 02:23 AM) *

I have tried calling and emailing the guy with no luck!

Ill call him tonight and tell him to get off his ass,hes got costumers
smile.gif
rhodyguy
I'm still trying to figure out if the exhaust is for a 356 or a 914.
Justinp71
QUOTE(burningman @ Mar 2 2016, 12:02 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 2 2016, 07:12 AM) *

I just saw Dave today, my understanding is the exhaust business is not shut down he took a break for a couple of months. He is in fact getting out of the parts business.

That would be good, I was considering trying his exhaust on my six. Does anyone know if the triad drones on a six?
billh1963
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 3 2016, 10:15 PM) *

I think its for a 1.8 turned into a 2056 that now lives in an Outlaw 356 blink.gif
L4ng3
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Mar 4 2016, 08:38 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 3 2016, 10:15 PM) *

I think its for a 1.8 turned into a 2056 that now lives in an Outlaw 356 blink.gif

Correct smilie_pokal.gif
L4ng3
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Mar 3 2016, 05:39 PM) *

Click to view attachment
idea.gif

Chris, how much for the exhaust?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(L4ng3 @ Mar 7 2016, 01:54 AM) *

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Mar 3 2016, 05:39 PM) *

Click to view attachment
idea.gif

Chris, how much for the exhaust?

$970 plus shipping.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.