Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering wheel sizes and leather requests
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
burningman
Hey guys,

New owner to 914s here a quick question, does anyone know if all the steering wheels were the same diameter?

I noticed a lot of guys are sending their wheels out to ge covered, I may have another option. I worked with a company years ago to have custom leather items made for another car he does excellent work and doesn't currently have a 914 pattern so I'm sending mine in to have covered. Estimated cost including having recovered is a tad under $300 excluding shipping.

Also are there any other items that a a fair amt of people have asked to get covered? If so I'd be willing to work with him to get it done. He usually offers a myriad of colors, different stitching, piping, etc.

Attached is a pic of his work, I provided the fiberglass console and he sent back the cover which I glued on.

Click to view attachment
Tom_T
The 914 wheel was 380 mm diameter, & that size was also used in some of the 911s - RS I think was also 380.

Make sure your guy uses a more smoothly grained leather than on your console - to match what was used on the 914 leather wrapped wheels & on the leather shifter boot as used on the optional 3 instrument center console cars like the 2.0, Appearance Group, & others with the console option.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
madmax914
Would be interested to see what it would cost to do a dash pad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.