Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sill Covers, Front & Rear Aprons, and Engine Grille Paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Speedmster
We need the black paint codes for the Sill Covers, Front & Rear Aprons, and Engine Grille. We want make sure to repaint them the factory color. Any guidance would be appreciated.
McMark
There's not really a paint code for them. Even if there was, paint technologies/chemicals have changed so much that any 'matching' would be unreliable. Here's the information included in the factory manuals.
Speedmster
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 1 2016, 03:03 PM) *

There's not really a paint code for them. Even if there was, paint technologies/chemicals have changed so much that any 'matching' would be unreliable. Here's the information included in the factory manuals.

Thanks. That gets me in the right direction. I think we will go with SEM 39144.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Speedmster @ Mar 8 2016, 05:02 AM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 1 2016, 03:03 PM) *

Thanks. That gets me in the right direction. I think we will go with SEM 39144.

BUT, as I have stated SO MANY times before....other than the engine lid grill all the other pieces were (thru 73) coated with 3M Body Shutz prior to final finish. If you have a smooth finish on the rocker and f & R aprons it is incorrect. Ask me how I know!
PG
Speedmster
Pat, did they have the texture on the 1970 914-6s? Dad remembers removing the satin finish black paint off before he a smooth semi-gloss black paint. Yes he did it his way not the factory.

Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Speedmster @ Mar 8 2016, 07:17 PM) *

Pat, did they have the texture on the 1970 914-6s? Dad remembers removing the satin finish black paint off before he a smooth semi-gloss black paint. Yes he did it his way not the factory.

They were the same
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.