Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: craigslist 2 for the price of One
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
Heres a couple of decent looking cars for those of you in the North West part of the bay area.
http://www.craigslist.org/eby/car/64982814.html

http://www.craigslist.org/sby/car/64986922.html
CCLINMYLIST
Rhodes71/914
I like the second one just because it is a one owner car. Always had good luck with one owner cars.
CptTripps
Looks like it has 35 years worth of receipts in the trunk! Look at how low it's draggin...

...but I "won't be dissapointed" so I guess that counts for something...

user posted image
gv1400
Yes, it does have 30 years worth of receipts with it;, original purchase order, tool kit, jack, owners manual, original faded paint, worn out interior, leaking engine, original F.I system, etc, etc. Just good, honest, unmodified wear and tear. The best part is was kept inside by the owner, and has zero rust. I bought it Thursday evening, and trailered it home. Now the fun begins.
Rhodes71/914
Congrats on your purchase!

Now give us some details and pics of your new baby.

How are the normal rust spots?

Rear springs shot?
CptTripps
Sweet! Create a new thread for yourself and your progress!

Oh...almost forgot...

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
boxstr
Fallon NV. I was stationed out there for a short while before heading to Viet Nam.
I remember stopping in Winnemucca for a visit with some ladies there dry.gif
Great fun a long time ago.
Congrats on the car, Keep the board posted and send pics.
CCLINDANANG
tat2dphreak
either one looks like a good buy!! congrats on the purchase!!

post pics!! those pics look like SirAndy took them in the rain wink.gif
gv1400
OK, I'll take some pics tomorrow and post. I'll have to figure out how to start a thread.

As to rust - The only rust is surface rust on the battery tray.

Under the carpets, in both trunks, near the seat mounts, everywhere out of the sun, the paint is shiny and new looking, as are the fuel tank, wiring, and all fittings.
The interior is toast. The car came with a stack of receipts that would choke a dinosaur. It's pretty clear from the receipts and condition that the guy took as good care of the car as he could, but also clear was that he was not a mechanic. There are recurrent issues with oil leaks and clutch work. He pored a bit over $5K into the car bteween 1990 and 2003, but the car needed to go into drydock for a full over haul. He just finally gave up on it.

The car was sold as a plane Jane with no options except a radio.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.