Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT--Visited Original Customs New Shop in MI.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Hi Guys
I was traveling in Grand Rapids MI yesterday and stopped at Original Customs New Shop. Mark gave me a shop tour and let me take a few photo's of project cars waiting for his magic touch. I was impressed with the workmanship and especially his mechanical knowledge. pray.gif I noticed a tube bender, welding equipment and tools everywhere as needed. The shop is tucked away in a nice quiet safe area and everything is stored inside. Mark is truly and outstand talent. w00t.gif

Mark, Thanks for the warm welcome. smilie_pokal.gif

Tom
TJB/914
Page #2
Few more photo's.
Tom bye1.gif
montoya 73 2.0
thumb3d.gif Mark is Top notch mechanic and a great guy! you right coast people scored!
rick 918-S
Where's all the stinkin snow?!? Talked to a co-worker today from Lansing. He couldn't make it to work the other day because of the snow.

Great to see a full shop! welder.gif smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
ge9146
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the great pictures.

Hi Mark,

The shop looks great! Glad to see you are getting settled in.
Welcome to sunny(?) Michigan!

I hope to make it up to your shop soon.

Ed
ConeDodger
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Feb 26 2016, 10:30 PM) *

thumb3d.gif Mark is Top notch mechanic and a great guy! you right coast people scored!

Drew,
Just a little geography lesson. Michigan is smack-dab in the middle of the country and not at all close to the "right coast." smile.gif
napasteve
Thanks for the update and pics Tom. Looks like Mark and Tim have successfully transplanted. I'm sure I'm not the only one who misses them out west.
Larmo63
That had to be a monumental task to move all of that equipment, stock, and those cars.

beerchug.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 26 2016, 11:23 PM) *

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Feb 26 2016, 10:30 PM) *

Drew,
Just a little geography lesson. Michigan is smack-dab in the middle of the country and not at all close to the "right coast." smile.gif

Rob,
Thanks for giving Drew a geography lesson, we are "fly over" country not "right coast" happy11.gif
BTW: Mark's shop dog guarded the door when I walked in and put his teeth on my shoe to tell me he is in charge. chair.gif First defense dog is his name. happy11.gif We got along well after Mark's hand shake welcome. smile.gif
Tom
Elliot Cannon
Who are the two scruffy looking homeless guys hanging out at the shop door? Mark should put them to work sweeping the floor or something. av-943.gif
dr.tim
Looks familiar. Did the windshield come out intact?
McMark
How'd I miss this!? Who are you again? laugh.gif

Just kidding, really glad you stopped by Tom. The MI people are trickling in to say Hi. Nice to meet the locals.

Larmo63 - Monumental sounds pretty easy compared to this move. When I realized I needed a full cargo trailer/container, I knew I had a lot of stuff. yikes.gif
dr.tim - Intact but cracked. It'll work for what we talked about though. dry.gif
Chris H.
That squareback.... aktion035.gif . Want.
Ferg
Very cool, a Ferguson brother paid him a visit as well. Lucky for Mark it was not the FBI one. shades.gif

Look forward to dropping by next time I'm in town visiting family.

Ferg beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.