Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: really crappy day!!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ablose58
Well I had a really a day from hell ar15.gif Started out I had to try and get some sleep but in the mean time a contractor showed up to erect a building on the property ,so to make a long story short ,he pulls in the driveway his truck slid into my truck hit that then truck hit boat and to top it off I estimate about 5000 in damages!! DAM DAM DAM IT TO HELL headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif RANT OVER THIS REALLY SUCKS oh and he didn't have ins. on his vehicle turns out he's a sub for lowes.f#%& it!!!!!!!!!!!1111
Allan
Go after Lowe's. I f he is an authorized agent I would think that they would be responsible if he had no indemnity insurance.
Joe Bob
Get a lawyer and a gun......sick the lawyer on the scumbag and then go blow sumthin up....you'll feel better...
TimT
Werd agree.gif

Go after him and Lowes. Im sure a huge mom and pop smothering corp like lowes has lots-o-clauses in there contracts... ie he would not be able to work for/represent Lowes if he didnt carry a pre-determined amount of insurance

Or just see if the sub-contractor is stand up an will take care of the damages they caused?

sometimes an agreement can be had
ablose58
I am getting estimates tommorrow. My boat needs the complete lower outdrive housing and some glass work in the transom, truck needs tailgate,l quarter and bumper and ls tail light assy. Me thinks me give him a frontal labotomy with a dull butter knife and then frag his ass. ar15.gif happy11.gif
dinomium
DOOD that is SO weak! Attach the guys bond NOW! He has to be bonded to work for Lowes. Part of the security provided by the bonding company is neqligance and gap of insurance.
I know a good attorey if you need a referal... Plan B comes later!
Yack.gif
ablose58
Thanks for all the great advice cause I am still madder than a burning hornets nest and I am not thinking too clearly huh.gif AL
DNHunt
Al

Get it documented now. Pictures, witnesses if any. estimates like you are doing. Do you have anything related to the job with Lowe's logo on it that relates this bozo to them, like an estimate? I would have to believe Lowe's would require a bond and if not they should have a bond.

Good luck man

Dave
ablose58
Thanks again to all smilie_pokal.gif
rhodyguy
you're having what erected? he's insured. make the adjuster come to your place when it's convinient for you. this sucks al.

k
Root_Werks
QUOTE (dinomium @ Mar 22 2005, 11:13 PM)
DOOD that is SO weak! Attach the guys bond NOW! He has to be bonded to work for Lowes. Part of the security provided by the bonding company is neqligance and gap of insurance.
I know a good attorey if you need a referal... Plan B comes later!
Yack.gif

Dino is right, someone is bonded here, most likely Lowe's. Go after them hard and fast, be pissed when you contact them. They will fix it faster. Sucks dude, I hope it all turns out okay for you. sad.gif
rhodyguy
do i need to come over to pick up whe welder and bottle of gas? we should have done it monday. sad.gif

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.