Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outer Firewall Replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BeatNavy
So...I've got my floor pan off, as well as 75% the lower half of the outer firewall. The 25% that's left is still in there because the driver's side engine shelf is still in.

I have the replacement outer firewall piece from Resto Design. I'm looking for tips, previous threads, or advice on how to maneuver the replacement piece in over the clutch tube, heat cable tubes, and heat tubes, etc. Did you cut the heater tubes and weld them back on after getting the firewall in place? Or am I better off temporarily breaking the welds in the tunnel so I can move them as I negotiate the piece in place?

Or...do I need to remove the driver's side engine shelf as well? I do have driver's side long work to do, so I do plan on cutting in there and removing the driver's side heat tube and possibly that shelf.

Lastly: what should go in first - floor pan or firewall? I haven't really noodled this through yet.

Thanks in advance for any help beer.gif
cary
Rob I can't be much help. That is the one piece that I didn't have to replace. I just fabricated the bottom inch.

Here's Jeff Hail's thread.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...791&hl=dead
Start with Post #67.
BeatNavy
Thanks Cary - you've done some pretty amazing stuff. I'll try to figger this one out and hopefully take some pictures along the way to share. Thanks...
cary
I'll go back and look at them on Monday. My problem was
disconnecting the fire wall from the rotten long.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.