Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for past owners of a 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michel
Long shot but paid off before - looking for a previous owner of a ( maybe) canary yellow 914-6 sold sometime in the 90's???? Name is Mark Barrum or Barham or something similiar? Sound familiar? Hoping to track a bit more info on this car. And previous owners.

Vin 9140431xxx

Mark may have been living in l.A or Las Vegas area. I know ever more vague. Really appreciate any assistance .

If my very vague description rings a bell send me a PM.

Cheers Michel
Gustl
the complete VIN would help ...

did you check the members VIN list: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...&byColor=29
gms
QUOTE(Michel @ Feb 28 2016, 06:16 AM) *

Long shot but paid off before - looking for a previous owner of a ( maybe) canary yellow 914-6 sold sometime in the 90's???? Name is Mark Barrum or Barham or something similiar? Sound familiar? Hoping to track a bit more info on this car. And previous owners.

Vin 9140431xxx

Mark may have been living in l.A or Las Vegas area. I know ever more vague. Really appreciate any assistance .

Cheers Michel

without the full VIN I cannot check my database
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(gms @ Feb 28 2016, 08:53 AM) *

QUOTE(Michel @ Feb 28 2016, 06:16 AM) *

Vin 9140431xxx

Cheers Michel

without the full VIN I cannot check my database

agree.gif

There are 999 cars that fit in that vin# range out of 3500 built!!!???

Need more detail.
iwanta914-6
I'm guessing it may be car the OP is looking at buying. Listing full vin would allow people to track it down and buy it from under him. lol
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Feb 28 2016, 11:40 AM) *

I'm guessing it may be car the OP is looking at buying. Listing full vin would allow people to track it down and buy it from under him. lol

Yes to the above. With the vin # one can order a new / replacement vin plate. ...so why post it on the web??
maddin
There are 2x 914/6 in VIC/Australia starting with 9140431xxx , neither of them are in the database here on 914world...

This might help:

914/6 registry
914/6 database

I had a quick search on the net with both VIN's and nothing substantial came up...
good luck.

QUOTE(maddin @ Feb 28 2016, 03:19 PM) *

There are 2x 914/6 in VIC/Australia starting with 9140431xxx , neither of them are in the database here on 914world...

This might help:

914/6 registry
914/6 database

I had a quick search on the net with both VIN's and nothing substantial came up...
good luck.

Great info / links. Thanks
VegasRacer
I have been active in the Vegas Porsche community since the late 80's. The name Mark B. does not ring a bell.
The only yellow /6 from back then that comes to mind had 916 bumpers. Could this be the car?
Tom_T
QUOTE(Michel @ Feb 28 2016, 04:16 AM) *

Vin 9140431xxx

Cheers Michel

Michel,

There are services here in the US which will do a 50 state DMV search by VIN for it's full history for a fee.

Just have your Mate google for them, & pick one, or maybe someone on here will chime in if they've had good luck with a particular one. IIRC one was in Vegas which another member(s) had used with some success.

Cheers Mate! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Michel
gents I bought a car not the one I have referred to above . I just bought a 73 that had been rhd converted painted, trimmed in leather and new wiring 18 years ago - never fully reassembled. engine knackered I recently bought it after 6 years of back n forth and after giving up on been able to bring a car in from the states a a partially done a 6 gt wannabe or fully built. The exchange rate is a killer!!!

Tom T by any chance you are TR's mate?

vegas racer - I know the car was originally factory silver, though may have been canary yellow when bought. It also had a blown motor at that point also. Whether it was the original will remain a mystery as the guy who bought it got rid of it as well as the gearbox it now runs a 3-3.2 litre

would I post the full VIN of the car freely on the web,. nope, not my car to do so. However this car is alleged to have an interesting history and so am keen to do some more sleuthing

I can say this was the factory spec:
914/6 Roadster
5 speed Manual
USA Delivered
Silver Metallic Exterior
Black leatherette
Leather Steering Wheel
Tinted Glass

Any further assistance appreciated

cheers Michel
Michel
Can anyone recommend a good company who could perform a 50 state DMV title search?

Glenn I have provided you with additional info. Car is not listed on your registry.

Cheers Michel
Jeffs9146
Can anyone recommend a good company who could perform a 50 state DMV title search?

I still don't understand why you don't post the Vin#. There is nothing secret or scary that can be done with that number. Maybe in Australia things are different but it is just a number!

We have thousands of them posted here for anyone to see with no issues!

Just saying confused24.gif
Michel
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Mar 13 2016, 11:39 AM) *

I still don't understand why you don't post the Vin#. There is nothing secret or scary that can be done with that number. Maybe in Australia things are different but it is just a number!

As previously mentioned, it's not my car so not for me to post the full VIN. I have sent info to Mr Stazak.

SO back to the prev request, any suggestions on a company that can do this search? Thx michel
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Michel @ Mar 13 2016, 04:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Mar 13 2016, 11:39 AM) *

As previously mentioned, it's not my car so not for me to post the full VIN. I have sent info to Mr Stazak.

SO back to the prev request, any suggestions on a company that can do this search? Thx michel

We can actually walk up to a car and write down the VIN so there isn't anything secret about that...
I think that the OP mentioned that its not his to post on the web.
I might be of the minority, but if it were mine, let me make that decision. The individuals who simply walk up to obtain a car's vin....They should inquire vs just helping them selves to the info. I know some have said, it's visible to the public - ask the owner if he or she is willing to provide. ... flame suit on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.