Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil cooler spacers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Amphicar770
Hi all,

Starting to put things back together on my 2.0. Just cleaned up the engine Bay Area today. Fortunately nothing more than some surface rust even in the hell hole. Epoxy primer and some signal orange 2k paint should have things good for years to come

Anyway, was about to put oil cooler back on. There are two spacers in addition to the washers. I *think* they went on top of cooler, I do not think there was anything between engine and cooler other than the gaskets. Is this correct?

Thanks.

McMark
NOTHING between the cooler and case. Except for seals, of course.
Mark Henry
Those "spacers" are heavy washers, they go under the nut.

Heavy washer > spring washer > nut.
6mm nut, 9lbs torque IIRC
Amphicar770
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 28 2016, 01:13 PM) *

Those "spacers" are heavy washers, they go under the nut.

Heavy washer > spring washer > nut.
6mm nut, 9lbs torque IIRC

Thanks. Are there three spacers (one per long bolt) or only two spacers? Not sure if I lost one or if it was never there to begin with.

New parts always look nicer! (blasted and powder coated the bracket).

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
McMark
There are three. But technically, they're just washers. They don't really 'space' anything. They just spread the load. So just grab a M6 washer from the hardware store and move on.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 3 2016, 02:33 PM) *

There are three. But technically, they're just washers. They don't really 'space' anything. They just spread the load. So just grab a M6 washer from the hardware store and move on.

agree.gif just washers, I use them (thick OE washers) if I have them, but they are often MIA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.