Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: Troutman Brake Bias valve
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914forme
FS: Troutman Brake Bias Valve [s]$50$25, plus shipping Should go flat rate in a small box in the CONUS.[/s]Sold, Thank you!!!!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This is the female bolt that secures it to the stock proportions valve bracket in the engine compartment. The upper hole , just slides over the other stud.

Click to view attachment

Thank you,

Stephen
914forme
Bump for price drop
914forme
Bump for Price drop confused24.gif
bahnzai
Stephen,
I'll take it. PM me how the narendra funds.
Thanks,
Danny
bahnzai
"How to send funds" smile.gif gotta love auto correct
GregAmy
For future reference, what is it and how does it compare to the stock one?

(I know what a brake bias valve is, referring to the Troutman" part...)
914forme
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Mar 14 2016, 10:30 AM) *

For future reference, what is it and how does it compare to the stock one?

(I know what a brake bias valve is, referring to the Troutman" part...)

Troutman made the kit back in the day, so they where the manufacturer of the unit.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(914forme @ Mar 15 2016, 04:21 AM) *

Troutman made the kit back in the day, so they where the manufacturer of the unit.

I doubt Troutman actually made the bias valve.
I have one of those in my used parts collection somewhere.
GregAmy
Ok, is it "better" than the stock one? If so, in what way?
914forme
Better than the stock one, for a couple of reasons. If you have messed with stock brakes, and swapped in a 320i front caliper, or a 911M caliper minus the spacers, or any other caliper combination, you can adjust the bias to give you the desired pressures before lockup. I also found it easier to bleed than the stock setup, that could just be a perception. Kind of like the butt dyno.

I was running 87 carrera front and rears, might still, though Wilwoods are calling me to reduce unsprung weight.
Jeff Hail
Its a Kelsey Hayes part and still available new. Its used for muscle car brake conversions when dumping front drums and switching to discs. Adjustment is 100-1000 psi.

I've seen these installed on early Mustangs. Seems the original oem "Velvet Touch" brake shoes were a little too velvety so folks installed the valve to stop that pesky lock up.

Good price it sold for. About 1/3 or the new part cost. Somebody got a good deal!!!
GregAmy
Good info, thanks. Prior owner installed BMW calipers, and I am experiencing front lockup on aggressive braking.

Anyone know the K-H part number?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.