Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 901 Trans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BeemerSteve
I have the opportunity to buy back the transmission out of the semi roller I bought that was destine to be a V8 conversion. The original engine was sold 30 years ago and the trans was kept but put in dry storage for the past 30 years. It has about 75k miles on the car so I would assume it has the same on the trans. It's out of a 1973 2.0 side shifter. He wants $500.00 for it. Is that a fair price?
Now to find an engine. biggrin.gif
PotterPorsche
too much for me

I've bought as low as $100 and as high as $350 for no history transmission. Without testing your in the dark.
Cracker
Not to high for me but...

I'll be selling mine shortly. It has a fresh professional rebuild, stock gears, billet intermediate plate, and oil return fitting (for cooler/pump) on the R&P.

$1,200 (for comparison sake it should make you feel good about $500 but its not apples to apples either) shades.gif

Tony
Mark Henry
Double the lowest price a California member gives you. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
I've sold one for $4000 with torque biasing unit, billet side plate and a true blueprinted rebuild. But most seem to go for $100 - $200.
BeemerSteve
Thanks for all your feedback! The guy won't come down on the price because he thinks since it's the original transmission to the car it's worth more.. .
CatDaddy60
QUOTE(BeemerSteve @ Feb 29 2016, 09:58 PM) *

Thanks for all your feedback! The guy won't come down on the price because he thinks since it's the original transmission to the car it's worth more.. .
If you were building a concourse show car to sell to a collector I could see paying the price but if your building a driver move on to one for less money. Make your purchase with an eye to your end product. My 2 cents
rick 918-S
Unless it's been pulled apart and checked it's a core. 100-125 MHO.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 1 2016, 04:38 AM) *

agree.gif

Even @ 75K the 1st/Rev slider is likely toast. "Worked great before it was pulled" is the oldest, most abused line in automotive history. . . rolleyes.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Mar 1 2016, 06:22 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 1 2016, 04:38 AM) *

agree.gif

Even @ 75K the 1st/Rev slider is likely toast. "Worked great before it was pulled" is the oldest, most abused line in automotive history. . . rolleyes.gif

"Was running when parked".....................................
BeemerSteve
I just got off the phone with the guy and I offered him $250.00 he chuckled then I chuckled then I said have a nice day!! happy11.gif
74ravenna
Not trying to hijack the thread, but are all transmissions interchangeable with all model year cars?

Thanks
mepstein
QUOTE(74ravenna @ Mar 1 2016, 04:47 PM) *

Not trying to hijack the thread, but are all transmissions interchangeable with all model year cars?

Thanks

No. Tailshift until 73 then side shift.
tygaboy
I've got a side shifter with an unknown history that you can have if you pay for shipping and any packing material costs (which should be between zero and low since I have a fabulous crate from when my Boxster trans was shipped). PM me if interested, I can take pics, etc.

Cracker
Duh! You can't beat that! Kind of you Chris...btw, has Elvis left the building?

Tony

QUOTE(tygaboy @ Mar 1 2016, 06:30 PM) *

I've got a side shifter with an unknown history that you can have if you pay for shipping and any packing material costs (which should be between zero and low since I have a fabulous crate from when my Boxster trans was shipped). PM me if interested, I can take pics, etc.
fasthonda
Check that $500 tranny for limited slip before you walk away.
Jeffs9146
The Bird Transmission For Sale
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.