Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 2.0 Stainless Steel Heat Exchangers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
H&H1981
These 2.0 heat exchangers were used for less than 1000 miles and the customer decided to do a 3.2 conversion. $750.00. Any reasonable offer will be considered. I also have other Porsche and 914 related parts. See my website sale tab. www.hhautoenterprises.com

These have been sold.
02loftsmoor
QUOTE(H&H1981 @ Feb 29 2016, 06:31 PM) *

These 2.0 heat exchangers were used for less than 1000 miles and the customer decided to do a 3.2 conversion. $750.00. Any reasonable offer will be considered. I also have other Porsche and 914 related parts. See my website sale tab. www.hhautoenterprises.com
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

did you take over H&H after Wes passed??
H&H1981
QUOTE(02loftsmoor @ Mar 3 2016, 08:33 AM) *

QUOTE(H&H1981 @ Feb 29 2016, 06:31 PM) *

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

did you take over H&H after Wes passed??

I did. I am his son. I started working for him when I was 12. When I turned 18, he fired me, made me go get an education and a "real" job as he put it. I did that for a while, made it to a VP position and decided I liked working on cars more than corporate politics!! When I told him I did what he wanted, I just wanted to work on cars and one day own the shop, he said, "ok, I just wanted you to make sure!". So here I am doing what I always wanted to do and making a few changes myself, as he did with his dads business after he passed. We will always specialize in Porsches, NEW and old now with me in charge. As you know, he hated "water pumpers" as he put it. Plus I like also enjoy working on all foreign and domestic cars. And I hope one day, my son will take over and make it a 4th generation shop!

Thank you for asking. And if there is anything I can ever do to help you, please don't hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

Jay Hildreth
toadman
Great story! More power to you, Jay.

Good luck with the sale.
JOEPROPER
is $600- reasonable?
rick 918-S
did you pressure test them? They fail inside the H.E. cover where you can't see the cracking. This question comes up every time a set of these comes up for sale. I just happen to be the guy to ask this time.
H&H1981
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 11 2016, 05:28 AM) *

did you pressure test them? They fail inside the H.E. cover where you can't see the cracking. This question comes up every time a set of these comes up for sale. I just happen to be the guy to ask this time.

Good question. And normally, I would, but these came off of a car that didn't get a 1000 miles on them and the owner decided to do a 914-6 conversion. So they are practically new. And there were no leaks during that very short use.

But thanks for being the one to ask. I should have made that more clear in the original post.

Have a great day!

Jay
JOEPROPER
Got them. Very Nice. Thanks Jay
Blue6
Jay,
I read its your passion, but what a nice way to honor your father...
H&H1981
Thank you! And that is a very nice thing to say. I am doing everything I can to continue all the reputation he has built!

Have a great week!

Jay
ClayPerrine
Jay,
Welcome to 914 World. I am glad you are here.

I think about your dad a lot. I learned a lot hanging around and just shooting the stromberg.gif with him.

Clay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.