Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxster venting and EZ30D engines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flmont
IF U would install the newest subie flat 6,and if it was short enough to mount a radiator in engine bay,..could you use boxster (scouped) side vents and duct work to vent air in front of the RAD and have fans that pull air thru from the back,..?? If u used a very wide radiator ???? just spit ballin,..Frank
Mike Bellis
You could do anything that is within your skill set or wallet...

Boxster's have a radiator in the front for a reason. You will get poor heat exchange in the engine bay.
Mueller
I think one of the new Lambos has the radiators in the back in between the tail lights.

Getting the hot air out is usually harder than getting the air in.
dflesburg
just buy a Boxster they are awesome cars too.
flmont
Yea,...maybe someday,.for the boxster,...I thought if you could vent air in ,..But that's not a lot of air passing thru if it has to be ducted to the engine bay,then push it thru the rads.....Thats why I said spitballin,...LOL...Thanks Frank
effutuo101
I set off tby do this in Washington. However with the added heat of SoCal, decided to put the radiator up front.
thelogo
I think porsche them selfs does it best
2 split ,redundant system radiator s
In corners of front air dam

Adaptable to in theory any car with a front valance

Did porsche invent this because I have seen very few with this setup

But i know no more huge radiator in front = less so called frontal area

So i think all cars should go to the twin style but also one of those 911 quirks flag.gif
thelogo
Truly innovative but pain in ass im sure confused24.gif
thelogo
agree.gif
Dave_Darling
There has been one Scooby setup with the radiator in front of the engine, in the engine bay. I believe that it drew air from under the car.

There's a thread or two on here about it; it might take some searching to turn up the photos.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.