Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 215/60/15 Will they fit in the rear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
p914
Also, What's the min rim width for that size?
Aaron Cox
7's
Joe Bob
7s....IF they are 911 Fuchs....offsett needs to be checked. 215s are pushing it. Fender rolling and/or stretching may be required. Don't forget they are hand built cars and fenders can vary from side to side and car to car.....
Porsche Rescue
Highly unlikely that 215's will work without big fender stretch. Especially 60 series which puts the fat part of the tire higher in the wheel well than 50 series. 205's are sometimes a problem on one side or the other.
p914
I have the standard 914 Fuchs that are 5 1/2.
There looks to be a good deal of space for clearance on mine.
Allan
I am running 205 55 16 if that helps at all. confused24.gif
p914
I have 205/60/15s currently and there is still space. Maybe a 215/50/15 might fit. Rim width may be the issue. Maybe I can get a local tire company to mount a test.
Thanks for all the input.
anthony
215 is pretty wide for 5.5" rims anyway. Stick with 205s.
rhodyguy
agree.gif for a 5.5", 4 lug wheel, with the correct backspacing and offset. i have 50 series, a friend has 55, whether a 60 is good to go... unsure.gif .

k
Dave_Darling
215s? Under both rear fenders? With no fender modifications? That's pretty amazing...

As was said earlier, some cars don't even fit 205s under the rear fenders. I would bet that most 914s won't fit 215-width rubber unless it's a tire that "runs small" for the listed size. Unless the fenders have been rolled out, or pulled, or otherwise modified.

--DD
rhodyguy
no rubbing full lock to full lock on the front with the 215 tires?

k
p914
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Mar 23 2005, 10:32 AM)
agree.gif for a 5.5", 4 lug wheel, with the correct backspacing and offset. i have 50 series, a friend has 55, whether a 60 is good to go... unsure.gif .

k

Rhody, you have 205/50 or 215/50? Do you have 4 lug Fuchs?
rhodyguy
i'm sorry, potenza 205/50/15. the others i mentioned were 205 tires as well. oe 4 lug fuch. i can run the base of my fingers inbetween the wheelwell and tire. unpulled fenders. 215 might be an issue with the 5.5" rims? i really don't know either way.

k
Aaron Cox
205's on a 5.5 have a balloon look to them....imagine a 215 on it... big balloon....

IIRC 205's on a 7 are the perfect match.....IE straight sidewall
SirAndy
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 23 2005, 01:57 PM)
IIRC 205's on a 7 are the perfect match.....IE straight sidewall

yupp, 205 is a perfect fit for a 7" rim, 225 on 7" is max. ...

215 on a 5.5" is scary ...
wink.gif Andy
p914
Thanks again for the info fellas. I think I'd have to go to wider rims and I don't want to (make that can't afford to) right now. A paint job is higher on the list.
campbellcj
My current 914 had 215/60's Pirelli P6's on stock 5.5" Fuchs when I bought it, with unrolled and "assumed" to be unpulled fenders. It did however have quite a bit of negative camber, was set to a fairly high ride height, and possibly also some funky toe dialed-in. The suspension config was rather interesting (i.e., first time I hit the canyons, I thought I was gonna die...) Nevertheless it did have 215's on the rear and 205's up front with what appeared to be a stock body profile and no trick machining or anything.

Now I run 205's on 7" wheels and have pulled and rolled the rears for clearance. This is partly because the car is very low, and also Hoosiers and some other -R tires run "wide" for a given nominal tire size.

I have personally measured around 2/3" difference in tread width between the same nominal section width tire, on the same rim. Tire designs vary widely and can make a huge difference between what fits, and what rubs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.