Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's a BLOG and other??'s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
Like the title says; What is a BLOG? What is it's purpose? How do you upload pictures? how much can you add?

I picked up my car from the garage this morning. Yesterday it was almost warm, today not so warm so I had to keep the top on. Ya know, that car never ceases to amaze me. It starts great, runs great, and puts a smile on my face. I also love setting off car alarms!! lol2.gif
ben1440
whats a blog? Its the coolest thing on the net! ......i mean its a weblog. i use mine for my car. others use it to talk about themselves, but i dont think anyone really cares what i am doing so i dont bother blink.gif
mikerose
QUOTE (djm914-6 @ Mar 23 2005, 09:12 AM)
I picked up my car from the garage this morning. Yesterday it was almost warm, today not so warm so I had to keep the top on.

Dave, when did you get heat lol2.gif

Mike cool_shades.gif
djm914-6
If'n you mean in the car, then I did it last spring. All I needed as it turned out was to reconnect what the previous mechanic had removed.

If you mean the weather... we didn't. mad.gif Was mid 50s yesterday amd it's due to snow another 4"-10" tonight. I better get home before I'm caught in it. That WON'T be fun in the 914!
Gary
So,

How does one upload pictures? Inquiring minds want to know...
djm914-6
QUOTE (djm914-6 @ Mar 23 2005, 12:12 PM)
Like the title says; What is a BLOG? What is it's purpose? How do you upload pictures? how much can you add?

anyone? huh.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Click on the FAQ link at the top of every page. Third thread is about posting pics. Pay close attention to file size, and do not preview your post. A blog is a place to store anything you feel like storing. Kinda useless in my opinion.
djm914-6
FAQ is only good for the forums. There is a different procedure for the Blog. As I just found out, you need to post first then it asks if you want to add an image.

I'll use it initially so club members can keep track on the progress of their painting requests. (Admin: is that ok?)
Brad Roberts
Use the blog for whatever you want. About the only thing I can think of that "we" would frown on is blatant outright advertising. The intent was to offer people a place to post pics/progress shots of their cars. I'm sure someone somewhere along the line will abuse the space.

B
djm914-6
Thanks Brad,

I won't try to advertise anything. I was just thinking it would be a way for club members to see how close their request is to being done and maybe some progress shots.

If I overstep my bounds, just slap me around a bit. slap.gif
Brad Roberts
Feel free Dave to use it however you want. Progress pics is what we where shooting for.. house build/car build/kid progress... painting progress.. it all works. It is a place to show us "life".

B
seanery
posting a pic in a blog is easy.

1. type your blog schtuff
2. submit
3. after the page refreshes there will be an "add jpg to this post" or some such dialog box

it's that easy. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.