Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stripping & Tits ? ( Free Beer )
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
greenie
My very first post! More to come but need some advice.
I spent the weekend stripping the paint ,fixing dents & dings on both bumpers of my 74
2.0. My thought was to repaint them but they are so nice I am going to have them chromed.
My question. I'm thinking of not putting the tits back on. Should I weld up the four tit bolt holes? Is this some kind of violation of 914 protocol. Will the future owner(distant future) be cussing the PO?

Jeroen
welcome to 914world.com!!!

most people prefer bumpers without tits, so if you do a nice job, it shouldn't be a problem
phantom914
Welcome to the 'club'. wavey.gif

It will look better without the bumper guards, although the rear ones don't look as bad as the front ones. You wouldn't be the first to do this. Do whatever you want to the car. You have my permission. biggrin.gif

Andrew
Aaron Cox
are you filling the dents??

IIRC you cant chrome anything but metal...so no filler wink.gif
Root_Werks
I have welded up plenty of tit holes in my day......that sounds wrong. wacko.gif laugh.gif

Anyway, welcome! If they are painted, just weld, grind and paint. I didn't have to use any filler on the last couple I filled.
Howard
Welcome to the fun house. You sure know how to get people to read your post, and you will do well here!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.