Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ever heared about "black turn lenses"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
look at eBay 7963829775

the seller says these are original HELLA idea.gif
never seen before confused24.gif
Aaron Cox
hmmm... they look like 'smoked' lenses.....

weerd wacko.gif
KaptKaos
Those are hella sweet.
Cap'n Krusty
Just what you need on a really small car, turn lights nobody can see ................... The Audi list guys are hot for smoked tail light lenses ................... Just give the guy who rear ended you a copout......... The Cap'n
greg.treadway
That is news to me.
Root_Werks
Yep, I would think you wouldn't want anything on our little cars that would detract from warning people you are stopping or turning. And yes, Krusty is right, insurance companies will site those if ever involved in a claim.
Mueller
terrible idea...just like the idiots with the Dodge trucks that put the stupid tail light covers on.....stupid, stupid...yea, I want it harder for people to see me wacko.gif
CptTripps
QUOTE (Mueller @ Mar 23 2005, 12:57 PM)
terrible idea...just like the idiots with the Dodge trucks that put the stupid tail light covers on.....stupid, stupid...yea, I want it harder for people to see me wacko.gif

One of my assistants a LONG time ago had a Dodge Ram with those on it, we got pulled over while going to lunch one day and the cop made him take them off then and there...he was embarassed as hell, but didn't get a ticket. Then when we got back to the office the story changed 5 times, and you'd have thought he had the cop on his knees begging for mercy.
ArtechnikA
Hella just makes stuff.
you could probably get a batch made in blue if you could meet their minimum quantity.
this guy probably figured there must be a big market for those smoked lenses and had a batch made.

COULD be Hella - after all - they already have the tooling on the injection molds.
OTOH - if YOU were going to tool up for a knockoff product, wouldn't you go ahead and make it look authentic, as long as you hadda make a mould ?

('course it could be too that when you get one, it's actually a 'HELA' - to accompany all those 'Rollex' watches people try 6 times a day to sell me ...
Jenny
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Mar 23 2005, 10:31 AM)
('course it could be too that when you get one, it's actually a 'HELA' - to accompany all those 'Rollex' watches people try 6 times a day to sell me ...

laugh.gif I have a Calvin Kllen watch from Taiwan.

Jen
double-a
our little cars need all the visibility they can get, why install lenses that block out the light? when you're small and low to the ground, visibility is good, which is why i just installed new h4 100w euro spec bosch headlights biggrin.gif

~a
McMark
This issue about light is funny to me because most of the people on this board probably have sub-standard lighting because of turn signal bucket corrosion. These lenses with clean contants would be as bright as the dirty contacts 90% of the people are running around with. I like them. tongue.gif
Flat VW
[QUOTE=Aaron Cox,Mar 23 2005, 09:36 AM]hmmm... they look like 'smoked' lenses.....

I bet they are hard to light. smoke.gif
Dave_Darling
I'm guessing they're OEM lenses, bleached out (I don't know what chemicals the guy who does that uses) and then re-tinted.

Agreed that they're probably not the best idea for our little tiny hard-to-see cars.

--DD
GWN7
They can be made in almost any color, even solid Black. cool.gif
Jeroen
prolly just a set of Italian blinker lights that have been sprayed for the "smoked" look
(you can buy special spray cans for this in diff. colors)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.