Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will these 912 hubs work?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CptTripps
If I got this...would I be on my way to a decent 5-lug conversion?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=7963715127
Aaron Cox
you will need early ball joints....

also...why would you want early NON vented rotors?
CptTripps
I just noticed that...nevermind.

wacko.gif
Root_Werks
agree.gif Shipping these will cost more than they are worth. They are no better than drilled out 914-4 front rotors. Pass man.
jd74914
When did Porsche start using vented rotors?
Root_Werks
69', but this might be early 69' struts? The 912's followed the same upgrades the 911's did though. At least I thought they did.
Eric_Shea
Well, everything would work but, those hubs are (as discussed) for the early non vented rotors. They are slightly different when placed next to a later hub. The rotor mounting surface is located about 5mm in from the later ones. It would be difficult to upgrade to a vented assembly. I had a set of 66 hubs side by side with a later set.

Probably best to pass. You'd get the 5-lug you're looking for but no real advantage in brakes.
CptTripps
Got it...passing on these.

So if I get something from say...73 and up I'd be OK?

Maybe I ought to just get the damn thing on the road again first, and THEN worry about upgrades...

Mueller
got my bid in smile.gif

I want just the hubs.... smash.gif welder.gif
lapuwali
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Mar 23 2005, 10:08 AM)
69', but this might be early 69' struts? The 912's followed the same upgrades the 911's did though. At least I thought they did.

Yes. 912s really were just 911s with 616 engines in place of 901 engines. The '65-'68 911/912 front ends are to be avoided, as they use special ball joints that are $300 a pair and can only be had from a few sources in the US. The '69 912 front end is the same as the '69-'72 911 front end. The '73-'89 911 front ends are the ones you'd want for a swap to a 914.
Eric_Shea
I like 69-73. I'd rather change out ball joints than weld on the thru body u-brackets or use the later model sway bar. I guess it would be 6's though... and probably easier (and cheaper) to weld on the u-brackets.

nevermind... blink.gif
eeyore
QUOTE (Mueller @ Mar 23 2005, 10:16 AM)
got my bid in smile.gif

I want just the hubs.... smash.gif welder.gif

I'll buy the struts off yuh if'n yuh win...

(I know these are pinch-bolt struts. I have my own weird projects)
Mueller
let's see what it goes up to....so far I have only bid $6 smile.gif

I have a complete early, early 912 suspension already sitting in my storage, but I'd rather sell it complete than take off the hubs....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.