Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 front hub seal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Olympic 914
installed the hub bearing seals today and after installing the one pictured at left I noticed the difference.

I think the one on the right is the correct orientation. i.e. gold to the inside.

but not really sure.

I am probably stuck getting a new seal unless anyone knows a trick to get one out without destroying it.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

close-up pictures. you can see the lip in these pics. on the gold side the lip protrudes.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Rubber out. You will probably destroy it taking it out.
Olympic 914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 2 2016, 08:37 PM) *

Rubber out. You will probably destroy it taking it out.

Damn.... So the first one I installed was correct.. Then I over thought the situation and installed the second one wrong. headbang.gif

Now to source another seal, hope I can find one locally. I don't like to pay $7-$9 shipping on a $4 part.
914Sixer
Should be able to pick one up at your local parts house.
somd914
I was pleasantly surprised to find seals and bearings at and an assortment of FLAPS.
brant
I reuse them about 3 times on average
Take it out from the front, through the hub
It's not hard to get them out in good shape

(We do bearing checks pretty often on the race car)

6freak
yard the bitch out and go get a new one ,I would`nt even take a chance for $5.00! and your times worth more than that JMO good luck
smile.gif
Olympic 914
QUOTE(6freak @ Mar 3 2016, 04:20 PM) *

yard the bitch out and go get a new one ,I would`nt even take a chance for $5.00! and your times worth more than that JMO good luck
smile.gif

Yeah.. Did it today. spent a bunch of time hunting one down. no good at any locals auto parts. found one 26 miles away. went and got it.

Click to view attachment

So now I have a elring on one side and a Timken on the other. it'll work..

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.