Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear window removal for cage install??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
I have all of the interior out (including dash and dash pad)

I was told that removal of the front winshield will make the install of the cage go smoother , but what about the rear window???

The windshield needs to be pulled anyways since it is cracked pretty bad.
jonwatts
Actually, Tony recommended to me that I install my rear window before he did the cage as it might be a little difficult afterwards.

Oh, and I used the hardcore 3M stuff to put that window in, so it's not coming out without a fight laugh.gif
campbellcj
It will certainly make it easier to paint the cage w/ the glass out. I found it nearly impossible to paint all the way around some of the tubes with the car fully assembled.

I was thinking about removing the heated rear window from my car and putting in lexan; I wonder if that's doable?
machina
we removed the rear window to pass the rear supports. This is permitted per the SCCA IT rules. They attach to folded plates at the forward part of the rear fender wells.

now we are fabricating a replacement lexan rear window to fit around the tubing. The bend in the tube was necessary to allow the lid to open on its original hinges.

regards,
dr

user posted image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.