Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flakey taillights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
astronomerdave
I have a couple of flakey tail light sockets. On the passenger side it's the brake light; on the driver side its the turn indicator. Once in awhile I'll notice that one or the other isn't working. All it takes at most is to remove the lens cover and wiggle the bulb. (The passenger side I can sometimes just give the lens cover a whack!) Is this common? Do I need to replace the entire light assembly or can I get just the sockets?
brant
Tighten the rivet Inside holding the socket wiring

Wyvern
I had mine out several times always a different bulb . (I had cleaned ALL grounding points).

I did tighten the rivets and still had issues .

Don't laugh ...but I got some bulb grease used it sparingly and have never had an issue again.
whitetwinturbo
...........dielectric grease

confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif
jacksun
this looks like a possibility

Stabilant 22, 5ml Kit Makes 30ml of 22A - 22

http://www.amazon.com/Stabilant-5ml-Kit-Ma.../B001E50GQS#Ask

porschetub
QUOTE(astronomerdave @ Mar 3 2016, 06:40 PM) *

I have a couple of flakey tail light sockets. On the passenger side it's the brake light; on the driver side its the turn indicator. Once in awhile I'll notice that one or the other isn't working. All it takes at most is to remove the lens cover and wiggle the bulb. (The passenger side I can sometimes just give the lens cover a whack!) Is this common? Do I need to replace the entire light assembly or can I get just the sockets?

Check your centre pins on the lamp sockets they get pushed back too far and don't contact the lamp properly,you can bend them back and clean the contact,worked for me beer.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.