Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to attach RennSpeed fiberglass fenders and quarters?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
MichiganMat
Gents,
I recently picked up a full set of fiberglass panels (front fenders and rear quarters) from RennSpeed for my 914 project and Im trying work through how to cleanly attach them to the chassis. Does anyone have experience with the RennSpeed parts that they could share? Note, these are not "just flares", these are the full front fenders and rear quarter panels.

A few options I've thought about:

Zdus Fasteners: Im not against zdus fasteners when they look appropriate, but I can't see how they would work on the front fenders. The rear quarters look pretty straight-ahead, but Im not sold. Id like the panels to look a bit more clean.

Glue: Not a bad idea but never removable. It would be nice to be able to unbolt / remove the fenders and quarters. I've considered gluing the fenders/quarters to metal brackets and then attaching the brackets with fasteners, that may be the route I take, but wanted to check in with you guys first.

Rivets: Well, theres always rivets. I could drill a bunch of holes and rivet them on but I think they'll look pretty bad on the front fenders, you'll really be able to see them, and thats not what Im going for...

So... any advice?

914forme
If your want to remove the Dzus, or these.

QuiK-Latch

Or these

Fender Mounts

Or this thread
Jeff Hail
You can't hide Dzus fasteners but only one is visible from the side profile of the car down near the rocker.
MichiganMat
Thanks Jeff, thats exactly how I've gone about it since I put up the original l post
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.