Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Performance Fuel Injection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
merrill
I was just online at cbperformance.com and wondering if any of you are using anything like their FI system? Feedback?
Jake Raby
Do a search here and on the STF...

I have used it, but can't say much more than just "That".
merrill
Jake, which set up do you run on your car? Or am I just stupid and there is only 1 choice. I am a little scattered after riding a few feet of powder this morning rolleyes.gif
rhodyguy
duals for us. if you have a hard time syncing carbs those won't help. unless they've changed the control box looks crappy.

k
TheCabinetmaker
I was always scattered after a few feet of powder. wacko.gif
Jake Raby
My 914 doesn't use injection... Atleast not right now....

I have one of the Kit Carlson "Test" systems running on my 912E with great results..

I am totally phasing out carburetors on ALL of my Turnkey engines by mid summer. The Weber crisis hit really hard here and this is the time to really make my engines modern..

At this point it looks as if I'll be using Kit Carlson for simple engines and Autronic for the bigger engines that have larger budgets...
rhodyguy
vsg914 chairfall.gif .

k
Aaron Cox
whats the weber crisis?

strike right? no more carbs? or what
merrill
I was just wondering aloud and interested in some feedback biggrin.gif Currently I have Webbers with no problems. Just thinking about mpg and adjustability for AX beerchug.gif
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Mar 23 2005, 05:07 PM)
My 914 doesn't use injection... Atleast not right now....

I am totally phasing out carburetors on ALL of my Turnkey engines by mid summer.

smilie_pokal.gif boldblue.gif pray.gif

This is the best news I've ever heard from RAT. This is the best possible news for our engines.
greg.treadway
We are designing a fuel injection system that uses some of their pieces. Stay tuned for this great kit that I think improves upon the CB kit in leaps and bounds. Not t take away from the CB kit because I think that is an awesome kit. We have sold and installed many of them.

Click here to watch us put together the new Extreme Fuel Injection Kit!!
lapuwali
QUOTE (merrill @ Mar 23 2005, 03:14 PM)
I was just wondering aloud and interested in some feedback biggrin.gif Currently I have Webbers with no problems. Just thinking about mpg and adjustability for AX beerchug.gif

I have no personal experience, but it's unlikely the CB Performance system is going to offer much improvement in MPG, and it certainly offers NO improvement in adjustability over carbs.

If you want adjustable, you'll need to go with one of the other aftermarket EFI kits out there. This means you'll need to either source your own injection throttle bodies (CB might sell those separately), or hunt up a stock D-Jet system and adapt from there. If you have or can cheaply obtain stock EFI hardware, you could conceivably put together a much better aftermarket kit for considerably less than CB's price.

Aaron Cox
you guys did alot of hogging on the manifolds.... did you go back and smooth it out?

also.... what brain are you running with the CB TB's greg?
Mueller
Merrill,

welcome to the site....

The CB setup is pretty primative, it's almost like an electronic carb except that if conditions change, the CB system does not alter the fuel settings much.

You want a system that when changes happen with and around the motor, the fuel injection changes as well.

If you are a DIY'er type of guy, a few of us are running Megasquirts which is the cheapest programmable fuel injection you can get.....I have less than $300 invested in mine.

The other fuel injection systems normally start at about $1000 and skyrocket up in price from there...one important thing is how well you know FI and how good is customer support.

FI is very easy once you get past the learning curve....
merrill
Mueller, thanks! Do you recomend using a stock set up for a baseline and modify from there? Reason being there is a 2.o FI complete available for a reasonable price, and I am wondering if I should grab it. confused24.gif
airsix
I agree with Mike (all the time).

All the modern systems do basically the same thing in the same way. They all work well.*
And yes, the learning curve is the hard part. Without question.

If all you want is a car that runs well for the least effort/time/expense grab that complete stock setup.

-Ben M.

*I'm not including the cb system in 'they'. It's a good system but not on par with the other systems being mentioned in this thread.
Jake Raby
With the price of Weber's through the roof and their lack of supply There will be more and more FI kits coming to our market soon....

The only issue for the consumer will be which one will be right for their engine and thats guaranteed to cause tons of issues and questions..

I am sure that as much time as I spend on the dyno with all sorts of combos that in about a year or so we'll have 75+ different MAPs and a ton of experience.

The customers that purchase engines, kits and parts/systems from me will really gain the benefits of that...

This was the last step we needed to create a total modern TIV.... It is a big step for us to make and it will slow us down in the beginning BUT the benefits will be worth it....

No one else offers EFI exclusively on all their engines.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.