Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Collective Brain Trust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mblizzard
I am a FI supporter. But after going to a 2056 build I just felt there should be a bit more zip in my car. Now I am basing this on my memory of my 914 I had 25 years ago which is somewhat blurry at times. But after using the resources here I found that a few of my 73 and 74 mix of FI components were known to not play well together.

Thanks to some great World members I was able to get the right parts. After installing them I now have the car I remember. Is it faster? Probably not but it now has the smooth power delivery I remember and runs very strong.

OK the point? It took a bit of research and checking on my part, but if you have and issue with your car the solution is probably here. There are other sites with good information but the World has more solutions and knowledge than all of the other sites.

Thanks World!
r_towle
Time to sell it.
Tom_T
Mike,

The OE properly matched EFI with all components working properly actually was a great running set-up, as you recalled from 25 years ago.

Also, Porsche was conservative with their HP & TQ numbers as published, with most engines actually performing better than the "book numbers."

So you could expect an actual 110 - 125+ HP out of your D-jet 2056, when in properly tuned & tweaked! driving.gif

... similarly an actual 91-100+ HP out of a stock 2.0 with USA/CA spec 7.6:1 CR P&C, D-jet, etc. - & probably 100-110+ HP with the Euro/RoW P&C at 8:1 CR .... with the lower numbers being the book ratings.

There are some MPC tweaks that can be done to push those to the upper end of performance, known to the old school 914 mechanics who were factory trained back in the day.

Contrary to Rich - I say now's the time to keep & enjoy it! driving.gif piratenanner.gif

Have Fun! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Mblizzard
Tom I agree on keeping it and the HP.

Granted this is not a great comparison but my wife drives a Kia Soul. About 164 HP and 40 years newer. Not that the 914 was ever known for its 0-60 time, but the 914 even when not in perfect tune would easily beat the Kia. The Kia is about a 8.4 0-60 so it is not all that impressive of a win but 40 year old technology wining over a minders car with 60 plus HP is not too bad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.