Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater Duct Tube Replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BeatNavy
Yesterday I cut into the driver's side long in earnest to do the battle damage assessment and repair (or at least the rodent damage assessment and repair) and removed the heater duct tube (the long insulated, flexible one). In the process I guess I wasn't tender enough, and it separated near the front connection.

What have people done to replace this (I'm assuming no stock available)? Fabricate something or use something from another application? Or is it off to the WTB with me...?
76-914
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Mar 6 2016, 06:24 AM) *

Yesterday I cut into the driver's side long in earnest to do the battle damage assessment and repair (or at least the rodent damage assessment and repair) and removed the heater duct tube (the long insulated, flexible one). In the process I guess I wasn't tender enough, and it separated near the front connection.

What have people done to replace this (I'm assuming no stock available)? Fabricate something or use something from another application? Or is it off to the WTB with me...?

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/scat.php
BeatNavy
That looks exactly like the tubing that goes from flapper box to metal tube near the firewall. I'm talking about the one below. Do you (or would you) use it for that purpose?

Click to view attachment
76-914
In SoCal, yes I would. In VA, probably not. If pressed I would try to make one placing a smaller tube inside a larger tube. Insulating might be a PITA. Possibly inject with urethane foam every so often?
cary
You broke it ..................
If have one if one doesn't pop up on the right coast.............
BeatNavy
QUOTE(cary @ Mar 6 2016, 09:10 PM) *

You broke it ..................
If have one if one doesn't pop up on the right coast.............

Yes, I'm good at breaking things smile.gif

Thanks for the offer Cary. I think I've got one coming in from Texas. Had several offers for help. Thanks again to the World.
Mblizzard
I have seen these new part 91157202502.
BeatNavy
Sure enough, you're right Mike. I never searched by part number. But they look to be about 200 clams. Money better spent (already spent, actually) at Restoration Design, I guess...
Mblizzard
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Mar 6 2016, 06:29 PM) *

Sure enough, you're right Mike. I never searched by part number. But they look to be about 200 clams. Money better spent (already spent, actually) at Restoration Design, I guess...

I was shocked by the price!

Love the parts those Canada boys make.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.