Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I WANT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ctrout
this car drooley.gif But I really like having a wife and kids so I guess I'll have to let this one go. sad.gif
TimT
Looks ok except that the ride height is all effed up..And a sun roof is not desireable

oops thats racing Tim thinking out loud LOL
Ctrout
I'm thinkin' ride height could be easily fixed.
ArtechnikA
i think it's a lot of work for a '74 (custom steel widebody on a pre-Thyssen steel car?) but it does look nice from 30 feet.

if you get serious, there are reliable Porsche people in NE that could probably be pursuaded to check it out.
Rusty
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Mar 24 2005, 05:28 AM)
i think it's a lot of work for a '74 (custom steel widebody on a pre-Thyssen steel car?) but it does look nice from 30 feet.

What is pre-Thyssen?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Mar 24 2005, 08:08 AM)
What is pre-Thyssen?

in 1976, with the I-series, Porsche started using the zinc-dipped Thyssen steel.
post-'75 911's are much more rust-resistant than earlier cars.

if i were going to invest that much work in a car, i'd start with a tub i wouldn't have to worry about rusting out from under me...

at least he started with a short-hood car. i think those tails look silly on the long-hood cars - but that's just MHO.
1bad914
He has been trying to sell this car for awhile. It was on the samnbe a couple of months ago. Looks cool, but it is jacked up in the back like a 70's hot rod. I Like the color!
ft.lbs.
love the color! cool_shades.gif
bd1308
i'm gonna stick with my 914.....well and I dont have 12Gs either.
Steve
The only advantage of a 75 or earlier car in California is that its smog exempt.
Otherwise I would buy a 1984 Carrera for around the same price.
The late model interior, etc. and galvanised parts would make the 1984 a much better buy.
If I was going to go cheap I would look for a good SC.
I also don't understand that baby on the way crap.
I bought a 993 because it has a back seat for the kids.
I take my 3 kids to and from School in my 993 all the time.
As far as I know all air cooled 911's have a back seat unless they went with the rear seat delete option.
confused24.gif
ArtechnikA
i'm gonna stick with my 914.....well and I dont have 12Gs either.

ad copy says he's asking $15k. 12 might be in the ballpark. $5500 911 + $6500 engine...

a '74 is not a 993... maybe he plans to do the same :-)
Steve
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Mar 24 2005, 07:36 AM)

a '74 is not a 993... maybe he plans to do the same :-)

I thought all air cooled 911's have the same size back seat??
Unless they did the rear seat delete??
My 993 with electric/powered everything and automatic is more of a cruiser than an early stick with powered nothing.
I wouldn't let an early 911 stop me from putting kids back there.
I can also get two kids in my 914 with the 944 center seat belts and seat pad.
JmuRiz
Smurfy boldblue.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE (JmuRiz @ Mar 24 2005, 07:51 AM)
Smurfy boldblue.gif

laugh.gif That is what I was thinking! Man, there sure is a lot of blue on that car! lol2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.