Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Mahle or Fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Mblizzard
Ok so I have a nice looking but square set of Pedrinnis on my car. I am looking at replacing them with a set of round alloys.

My car is far from orginal so I was looking at repros as well. In the $600 to $700 range you can get a set of quality repro Fuchs or Mahles So I was wondering what the availability of decent alloys was and the price range.
Tom_T
Mike -

For a DD, the repro Mahles look pretty good, as do the Fuchs 2Ls (if you like the black backgrounds), but they'll be heavier than the OE wheels were & not the strength of forged OE wheels.

The real things will generally run you more for a decent DD set of them, plus then needing work & $'s to clean, refinish/restore or polish them.

There's been some guy on drugs trying to sell a set of 4-lug Mahle "Baby Gas Burners" for $2500! .... whereas they & Pedrinis seem to really go for $100-200 each in unrestored form, Fuchs 2Ls a bit more - so +/- $400-800 for 4. They're on here, CL, 914club, TheSamba.com , etc. from time to time.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
mepstein
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...30&hl=Fuchs
Real Fuchs with the bolts and caps.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 6 2016, 05:44 PM) *

Looks like I am late for these.
dlee6204
I have a set of decent Mahles I'd sell if you're interested.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Mar 7 2016, 01:38 PM) *

I have a set of decent Mahles I'd sell if you're interested.

Always happy to consider any options. Will PM you my email for details and pictures.
PotterPorsche
Both Fuchs or mahle

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...-lug-bolts.html
smveril
Do the Mahle's fit on a 76?
rhodyguy
The baby gasburners in 4" back spacing, 4 lug, are $109.95 a pop at cip1. Someone is killing it at 2k. Oh, free shipping too at cip1.
ChristopherB
I have a set of wheels that came with my car. I believe they are original Fuchs wheels. I pulled one out today and was amazed at how light it felt in the hand. They need refinishing, and the insets were painted orange. Click to view attachment
ChristopherB
Wow , that was a big picture. Click to view attachment
ChristopherB
I would love to get rid of these wheels. I love the mini lights on my car now, and I need some cash to help fund some repairs.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(ChristopherB @ Mar 16 2016, 04:58 PM) *

I would love to get rid of these wheels. I love the mini lights on my car now, and I need some cash to help fund some repairs.

I would have loved to had those. Got a set of Mahles this weekend. Like Fuchs better but I am content.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.