Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Single downdraft throttle cable mount.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CatDaddy60
This is a call out to any of you that are running twin single downdraft carbs. I'm looking for a photo of how the throttle cable mounts. I'm piecing together a pair of Solex Pict 34s to get my car back on the road. Thank you for your help.
abes914
i am not sure if this is the same carb you are refering to. mine is a solex kadron.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
CatDaddy60
QUOTE(abes914 @ Mar 6 2016, 10:59 PM) *

i am not sure if this is the same carb you are refering to. mine is a solex kadron.

Thank you that does get me a start mine are a little different but I appreciate the photos.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(CatDaddy60 @ Mar 6 2016, 10:34 PM) *

This is a call out to any of you that are running twin single downdraft carbs. I'm looking for a photo of how the throttle cable mounts. I'm piecing together a pair of Solex Pict 34s to get my car back on the road. Thank you for your help.

huh.gif

Solex Pict 34? Or do you mean 34 PDIST?

Solex Pict 34 is the late VW beetle carb and you on your own.

34 PDIST (-2,-3) is the Bus (van) carbs that is rear engine, if you are using the stock linkage you could cut the arm off the bottom and weld it back on top of the bar.
That would make it pull mid-engine.
Then you should just need a taller bracket mount for the cable much like on a hexbar linkage set-up.

IIRC the 914 european 1.8 used stock carbs for a while, maybe you can find a pic of it's linkage in a search.
Mark Henry
I should have have though of this, looking at the pic in this thread it looks like for the euro carb 914 they just swapped and put the carbs on backwards, linkage should work mid engine with that install.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=274513

IPB Image
CatDaddy60
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Mar 7 2016, 05:24 AM) *

Thank you for the link and the support. My twin brother used to run across the 40 single downdraft s while stationed in Frankfurt for the Airforce
RonnieJ
QUOTE(abes914 @ Mar 7 2016, 02:59 AM) *

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

That's the same way I installed my throttle cable for my dual Kadron 40's.
abes914
[/quote]

That's the same way I installed my throttle cable for my dual Kadron 40's.
[/quote]
beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.