Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IT RUNS!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wrpspddrvr
Holy freaking cow! My car, after 4 days being down, 15 hours of work, countless curses, it finally works!
We checked all the connections and everything was fine..... until the positive cable broke off of it's connector at the coil. My buddy had a spare one, so he replaced it, and everything worked fine! I suppose that was just so close to broken it wasn't allowing spark? I dunno.

Anyway, we got the XR700 all set up, and in the process, noticed something a little odd: one fuel injector was unplugged!! I've been running on three cylinders!!! No WONDER it was so loud! All this time I thought it was just the exhaust leak. And having heard all the time how slow these cars are, I didn't think anything of the horrible lack of speed.

So we got everything hooked up, I stuck my battery in the trunk (MUCH more space in engine bay!!!), and everything's good to go.
I cannot BELIEVE how much faster this thing is! It runs so well, responds so well, revs so well.... wooo!!!! This thing RULES!!!!
I'd been wanting to get the power up to about the same as my girlfriend's Accord, and I think it's there now. This thing MOVES. It's perfect! It's got just the right pow. It's got JUSt the right powa' for the size now.

I've fallen in love all over again!

Thanks so much for all the help guys! I ran in here and made my post (Help need fast!) and I come back to check it just now and there are 7 replies! You guys rule!!!! I hope some day I can help you guys out as much as y'all do me!

Thanks again!!!!

Cole monkeydance.gif
Rhodes71/914
Cool man!

Now Shut Up and Drive driving.gif
CptTripps
That's a trick I used to do on my old Saabs.

If I couldn't get them to pass an e-check, I'd un-hook one of the FIs and go get it checked. Then go in a day later with it re-connected and re-check. It'd be more than a 25% imporvement, and they'd pass me.

smilie_pokal.gif

Enjoy the car man...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.