Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Late offset phone dials + 4 to 5 lug adaptors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rupert14
Thinking of going to 16" phone dials. There is a local set 7" wide with 215 60 R15 tires and they are the late offset. I know these do not work without spacers if you do the 5 lug conversion. So, if I use my 4 to 5 lug adaptors (about 1") will that bring the offset close enough to work without flares?

Bob
CptTripps
icon_bump.gif

Inquiring Minds....
Joe Bob
Late offset need 2 inch in the rear and 1 inch up front. "I" don't like adapters to begin with.....and the 4 to 5 lug ones are the cheesiest.....

Consider using a redrilled rotor that Eric Shea sells...do them yourself or bite the bullet and convert to a 911 front end and redo the rear hubs....

Your Mileage May Vary....
Dave_Darling
Holy crap! I am agreeing with MikeZ!! The world must be coming to an end...

Definitely ditch the adaptors--try the "float test" on them; throw them into the lake and if they float, retrieve them for further study. (If not, let them sit there with all the "Pinto Weber" single-carb setups...)

Spacers are one thing, and are tolerable. Four-to-five adaptors are, for the most part, cheesy crap and should be avoided at all costs.

--DD
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Mar 24 2005, 07:50 AM)
Holy crap! I am agreeing with MikeZ!! The world must be coming to an end...

Definitely ditch the adaptors--try the "float test" on them; throw them into the lake and if they float, retrieve them for further study. (If not, let them sit there with all the "Pinto Weber" single-carb setups...)

Spacers are one thing, and are tolerable. Four-to-five adaptors are, for the most part, cheesy crap and should be avoided at all costs.

--DD

Just like a drug Davey.....gets ya all tingly when you see the light of my wisdom.... cool_shades.gif
TravisNeff
Just like a drug Davey.....gets ya all tingly when you see the light of my wisdom....  

I felt the same thing, turns out I had to take a dump though.. confused24.gif Eric's rotors are what you outght to do
Joe Bob
Gives new meaning to crapping yer brains out....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (mikez @ Mar 24 2005, 09:17 AM)
Gives new meaning to crapping yer brains out....

lol2.gif lol2.gif
ya need to go five lug....
rupert14
OK guys, I get the point. I am planning on doing flares/911 supsension, and Eric Shea rear hubs but I am looking about 2 years out on that project. I was just considering the adaptors for the near future until I get the whole project done. I will just leave it as is for now. Thanks for the help.

Bob
mskala
Hey I also see on an old wheel chart there were supposed
to be 7x15 and 7x16 phone dials with 52mm offset. Wouldn't
those work well with a small spacer or no spacer?

7x15 = 944 352 104 00
7x16 = 951 352 114 01

These should be comparable to 911R rims with 49mm offset.
Am I wrong? confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.