Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: North Texas Members?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Foxman
Hi all. I am new to the 914 scene, but not to cars. I am looking to meet some folks in the North Texas area. Dallas/Fort Worth to be specific. Anyone out there? Post up!
Allan
Nice to meet you!! I am not from your area but it's nice to have you here!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif
Joseph Mills
Welcome to the 914 G A R A G E w00t.gif

N. TX? You got a bunch of 'em...

TatoodPhreak
DougC
the guys in Murphy TX
Clay Perrine

I'm 200 miles north of you in OKC.

We're doing a 914 road tour the last part of april - it's in southern OK about midway between Dallas & OKC. You oughta show up! biggrin.gif

Now, where's the pics of your car? biggrin.gif
Foxman
QUOTE (joseph222 @ Mar 23 2005, 08:50 PM)
Welcome to the 914 G A R A G E w00t.gif

N. TX? You got a bunch of 'em...

TatoodPhreak
DougC
the guys in Murphy TX
Clay Perrine

I'm 200 miles north of you in OKC.

We're doing a 914 road tour the last part of april - it's in southern OK about midway between Dallas & OKC. You oughta show up! biggrin.gif

Now, where's the pics of your car? biggrin.gif

Well, hopefully I can have it up and running by then. I have to replace the pans before it will be drivable though. The entire pedal assembly was rusted out. sad.gif
GWN7
Hi and welcome,

I'm a North Texas member....ok about 23 hrs North, but my car came from Dallas/Ft. Worth. biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
709146KVF
Who are "the guys in Murphy TX"? I used to live there myself.
kvf
Joseph Mills
QUOTE (709146KVF @ Mar 23 2005, 11:35 PM)
kvf

Their "name" is Spare Time Toys

They are putting a 928 engine in their 914.

They have a current active thread.

Check'em out. Maybe they owe you money. biggrin.gif

MJHanna
There are a few of us around. If you need a parts car I've got a couple.
JWest
I'm in Willow Park - just west of Fort Worth. I'm a little (OK a LOT) busy building shifters right now, but I like talking cars and I have a decent stash of parts.
dakotaewing
HERE!

Clay
Joe
Rich Johnson
Richard Fisher
Dan D
Charlie
Larry & Crew
Wes Hildreth
Wayne Fry
James Adams

Yea, There are a few of us....

Thom
tat2dphreak
Welcome to the board!!

not to discount anyone on the list Thom wrote above... but Wes can be your best friend if you are close to Plano... he's a bonafide expert at these cars!!

it seems like there are more of us around, but I can't think of names right now... Thom got 90% I am sure
spare time toys
QUOTE (709146KVF @ Mar 24 2005, 12:35 AM)
kvf

That would be me and my kids biggrin.gif We have 2 projects. The German 8 Tor thats the 928 powered racer and The Nuclear Banana a engineless Challon project. We are just south of 544 on Murphy RD
DougC
Hi Foxman, I'm in the Dallas area and am in the middle of a six conversion. If you need help with anything just ask, I also have a pedal assembly you can have if yours is no longer usable. Tell us about your project..Hope to see you around.

Doug C
Foxman
QUOTE (DougC @ Mar 24 2005, 07:33 AM)
Hi Foxman, I'm in the Dallas area and am in the middle of a six conversion. If you need help with anything just ask, I also have a pedal assembly you can have if yours is no longer usable. Tell us about your project..Hope to see you around.

Doug C

Thanks Doug, I actually took the assembly from my '72 that I picked up for a parts car. I am in the process of rebuilding the thing right now and am at the point where I need to seperate the clutch pedal from the shaft and it is being a bear (press maybe?). Maybe your assembly is in better condition? I would love to meet up with you and take a look.
DougC
The assembly I have is not pretty but everything seems to function fine on it, it was extra parts that came to me when I bought my car so I have never used it. You are welcome to it, I'll send you a PM with my phone number in case you want to come out and pick it up over the weekend. Or, I can send you a picture on Monday if you want to hold-off on making the trip.

Doug C
Dad Roberts
Any of you North Texas people ever belong to the North Texas Volkswagon Club??............... driving.gif Dad
kkelly
Hello and welcome.

I'm in North Dallas.

Kevin.
DougC
The question really comes down to "How many North Texas members with currently running cars" - that number is fairly slight...but we'll catch up eventually. It's a good, helpfull group we have here.

Doug C
JWest
QUOTE (Foxman @ Mar 24 2005, 11:46 AM)
Thanks Doug, I actually took the assembly from my '72 that I picked up for a parts car. I am in the process of rebuilding the thing right now and am at the point where I need to seperate the clutch pedal from the shaft and it is being a bear (press maybe?). Maybe your assembly is in better condition? I would love to meet up with you and take a look.

I've got a torch and a press - bring the assembly over and we'll get it apart (I have some extra pedal assemblies also).
JWest
QUOTE (DougC @ Mar 24 2005, 01:21 PM)
The question really comes down to "How many North Texas members with currently running cars" - that number is fairly slight...but we'll catch up eventually. It's a good, helpfull group we have here.

Doug C

I drive mine everyday...
tat2dphreak
yea james but you cheated... you bought a car that was already in working condition... wink.gif that's just crazy!!
screwy.gif

JWest
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Mar 24 2005, 02:10 PM)
yea james but you cheated... you bought a car that was already in working condition... wink.gif that's just crazy!!
screwy.gif

Yeah, but it's no fun unless you cheat! wink.gif
tat2dphreak
idea.gif

hmmm... buying a car that is already complete... it's a crazy idea, but it JUST MIGHT WORK!...

nahh, it's toooo... out there cool_shades.gif
jr91472
wavey.gif

I'm in N. Tex and my car runs too.....woohoo....

I have a 72 as well. Lets see those pics aktion035.gif

Brian_Boss
I'm in Dallas (near White Rock lake). I don't post a lot here and I haven't had a 914 in several years but hopefully I can correct that situation soon.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (jr91472 @ Mar 24 2005, 04:44 PM)
wavey.gif

I'm in N. Tex and my car runs too.....woohoo....

I have a 72 as well. Lets see those pics aktion035.gif

there's something about 72's in TX... I have had 2 plus all the people here from tx with 72s... idea.gif curiouser and curiouser wink.gif
ClayPerrine
Hmmm... Pulling out my crystal ball... idea.gif

Your car is a 1974 2.0. It has 5 fuchs alloys, Resprayed red, rusted out battery tray, frozen pedals, rusted out rear trunk lid, missing one of the bumper tits off the rear and you bought it from a guy at a fence company on Carson Street in Haltom City.

Am I right?

Foxman
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Mar 24 2005, 05:20 PM)
Hmmm... Pulling out my crystal ball...    :idea:

Your car is a 1974 2.0. It has 5 fuchs alloys, Resprayed red, rusted out battery tray, frozen pedals, rusted out rear trunk lid, missing one of the bumper tits off the rear and you bought it from a guy at a fence company on Carson Street in Haltom City.

Am I right?

You are correct sir. You must be the guy that looking at it from Hurst.
ClayPerrine
Actually I showed up with the money 3 times, but he could not be bothered to come home from the gun range the first time, and the store the second. The third time I showd up it was gone.

I am not mad at you.

Glad to see someone is going to fix it up.

Need some help?

Check the fuse box. I had him spin it over but it would not fire. I didn't tell him there was no fuse in the ignition circuit biggrin.gif

BTW...heres a picture I took of it.

ClayPerrine
Another
ClayPerrine
Interior

ClayPerrine
Floorpan....

ClayPerrine
Just to the left of the accellerator pedal there is a big hole in the pan. It looks like the master cylinder blew out and brake fluid ate the pan and made the bushings in the pedal box seize up. You can replace them with the bronze ones and it won't seize again.

JWest
Jason (Foxman) just left my house with a dismantled pedal assembly. The torch made quick work of that, but then we had to chat (and go for a drive in my car driving.gif ) for a few hours!

Nice meeting you and your dad, Jason!
Foxman
QUOTE (James Adams @ Mar 24 2005, 09:06 PM)
Jason (Foxman) just left my house with a dismantled pedal assembly. The torch made quick work of that, but then we had to chat (and go for a drive in my car driving.gif ) for a few hours!

Nice meeting you and your dad, Jason!

Thanks James! You are a life saver. I don't think we would have gotten that thing apart without a torch. It was good to meet you and drive your car. I kinda got a preview of what to look forward to.

Clay,

You can help for sure. I actualy live in NRH right next to Hurst. We will be yanking the motor this week and starting on the floorpans.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.