Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxster Tranny and axles.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spaceshuttle
Hey y'all, i know someone here is using the 5 speed boxster tranny on their 914. Which axles did you use and what will I run into. Lengths?
As I said it is a 5 speed from a 2003. NOT a 6 spd S.
TIA
LC
Andyrew
What engine and are you making your own cradle?

Mike Bellis is also using this trans and the 6 speed.

I made my own engine cradle to put the trans in the very center (For my 1.8T conversion)
100mm stub axles from a boxster or a late AWD audi.
VW Bus axles 18 3/4" long (clip to clip)
914 outer stub and 100mm adapters from renegade hybrids.

The axles still have 1-1.5in of play in them so there wont be any binding.

Mind you I had to move the trans mount over on the body to fit my custom shifter setup.

All details and pics in my build thread.
spaceshuttle
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Mar 7 2016, 01:42 PM) *

I made my own engine cradle to put the trans in the very center (For my 1.8T conversion)

Mind you I had to move the trans mount over on the body to fit my custom shifter setup.

Thanks Andy. I have a set of the Renegade axles that I will try. Mating the tranny to a SBC. I already have an adapter plate for a Boxster S from Kennedy. I will have to modify the starter pocket on the non S Boxster tranny a little to make it work. It's going in my Tubeframe car, so we'll just fab a cradle as necessary. Thanks Again
Mueller
QUOTE(spaceshuttle @ Mar 8 2016, 08:29 AM) *

Thanks Andy. I have a set of the Renegade axles that I will try. Mating the tranny to a SBC. I already have an adapter plate for a Boxster S from Kennedy. I will have to modify the starter pocket on the non S Boxster tranny a little to make it work. It's going in my Tubeframe car, so we'll just fab a cradle as necessary. Thanks Again

And the link to your build is where? smile.gif
spaceshuttle
QUOTE(Mueller @ Mar 8 2016, 09:43 AM) *

QUOTE(spaceshuttle @ Mar 8 2016, 08:29 AM) *

And the link to your build is where? smile.gif

Didn't do a build page but there are pics of the car over on the race car photo thread towards the end.
Mike Bellis
I run one 19.25" and one 20.25". The differential is offset to one side. Best prices are at Pacific Customs. If you call them, they will sell single axles for about $110 each. I'm also running 930 CV's and 28 spline axles. Renegade axles are Bus T2 units with 33 splines.

http://www.pacificcustoms.com/porsche-930-...moly-axles.html
914forme
Thank you Mike, just saved some dough on my build beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.