Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adjustable Pushrod
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sdoolin
I'm a ways off yet, but will eventually need an adjustable pushrod to set valvetrain geometry on the 2056 I am building (different thread). I have the chromoly pushrods with ball ends from Type IV Store (Manton) so ideally I'd source an adjustable version from them. But - they no longer have them.

I asked about ordering a single pushrod from Type IV Store (they sell pushrods by the "kit") but I got no love there (which I can understand).

Anyone have an adjustable pushrod fabricated from these parts that they'd be interested in selling (or loaning)?
sdoolin
Disregard please - nothing to see here...

Type IV Store confirms they will have re-designed (better) adjustable pushrods available within the timeframe of my build.
DBCooper
I personally like www.aircooled.net, here: http://vwparts.aircooled.net/Adjustable-Pu...ble-pushrod.htm John sorts out the really cheap Chinese stuff so never any drama, but generally any good VW aircooled parts supplier will have them.

Java2570
I tried 3 different ones....Aircooled.net's, European Motorworks & Type 4 store.
Aircooled.net, despite the ends being a little different than the ones supplied with the Manton pushrods through Type 4 store, was the only one that was close to being right. The EMW was too long and the ends weren't so good. The Type 4 store unit was too short despite having similar ends (but not exact). Nicole at Type 4 store did say she was working with Manton to get the proper one produced when I sent mine back.
So, your choice, Aircooled or Type 4 store when they get the new ones done.
76-914
If you can weld make one from an old rod. I've got a few T4 rods laying around if you need one.
jcd914
Since push rods are hollow you should just be able to cut one and tap the inside and get a stud and a couple lock nuts. You'd have to cut squarely and cut out enough to get back to original length but it seems doable to me.

Jim
TheCabinetmaker
The problem with the stock pushrod is it might not have the same tip profile as the new ones.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.